It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Unusual Stools

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-05-2003, 12:42 AM   #1
    beeleigh1966
    (male)

beeleigh1966 HB User
    Unusual Stools

I have noticed that I am continuely getting loose stools. When I flush there is bits remaining in the bowl which settles down to the bottom.
    There is no blood in the stools.

Can you please help as I am very worried. I went to a close froiends funeral last week and since then I have become very sensivitive to health matters.

I would appreciate a response.

Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2003, 02:16 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Unusual Stools

That's sad about your close friend's death. It's understandable that you would start to look at your own health and be concerned about specific aspects when they are out of the norm for you.

Emotions really do affect our bodily functions, and it sometimes seems that the calm after the storm is when it all hits. When the mind/body is distressed, especially from the death of a loved one....our immune system seems to be a little more vulnerable.

It's possible you ingested a bug/bacteria from/in something you ate. Your body may be fighting it off.

Also, emotions can really affect our digestive system. It excretes excess chemicals during stressful times that can affect the function of the system. If you have irritable bowel syndrome, this event in your life would certainly have an effect.

I wouldn't think it would be serious unless it was an excessive amount of times you are having loose stool/diarrhea in a day/night.

To control the loose stool/diarrhea, I would use some Metamucil Orange SMOOTH (not the sugar free because it has aspartame in it which in itself can cause diarrhea) to absorb up the extra water in the bowel and bulk up the stool.

Another option would be to use imodium to slow down the peristalsis of the digestive system, therefore slowing down the urgency.

Also, you should add acidophillus with bifidus (I use Webber brand, or Jamieson brand), 1 - 3 times daily to balance the flora in your gut. This you should have regardless.

If it lasts for more than a few weeks and is excessive daily, make sure you see a doctor.

Try not to get too obsessed with your health (easier to say than do). If you need to...go get a thorough check-up so that you can know what's up with your health and deal with it if you need.....then it'll let you off the hook from getting too self-focussed.

I hope you feel better soon.
    quincy

Last edited by quincy; 12-06-2003 at 02:18 AM.

Closed Thread