It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Concerned w/stomach/thin stools

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-14-2004, 12:08 PM   #1
    td30

td30 HB User
    Concerned w/stomach/thin stools

I'm hoping someone can give me some advise. I'm a 29 year old male and have suffered stomach aches (most of my life) that tend to be extremely painfull but do subside after I go to the restroom (diarrhea). On some occasions they happen several times in an evening and I have woken me up in the night. On some of these occasions I've also noticed what I thought was light blood on my toilet paper after wiping. Very rarely I also notice that my stools tend to be thinner then normal but this isn't very common. I also started to get really bad heartburn over the last year. This concerned me enough to see my Doctor, she took a stool sample in the office which turned up negative for blood and also took a sample that she sent into the lab that too came back negative. After taking other samples blood and urine and getting a clean bill of health she told me to watch my diet and take heart burn medication and try not to be to stressed, but she did not think I needed any further tests. My heart burn has lessoned but I do still get the occasional stomach pain with diarrhea but for the most part my stools tend to be normal more times than not. I'm just wondering if I should demand more test or try and stop thinking about it. Thanks for any help you can give.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2004, 10:02 PM   #2
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
    Lightbulb Re: Concerned w/stomach/thin stools

I think you need to increase your fiber intake so your gastro system functions like it's suppose to.

I use psyllium -- Equate brand from Wal Mart and drink enough water daily.

Old 01-18-2004, 06:09 PM   #3
    td30

td30 HB User
    Re: Concerned w/stomach/thin stools

Thanks for the advise. My bowel movements have been strange lately probobably due to the stress. I went to the Dr. again and he said that if I have regular stools that are pardon the expression "large" it is most likely that I have IBS it's easy to get concerned when you read the horror stories and it seems like people my age are misdiagnosed all the time. I suppose I should just relax and work on my diet thanks for the advise.

Closed Thread