It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

EGD & Colonoscopy together

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2004, 06:45 PM   #1
NanG

NanG HB User
EGD & Colonoscopy together

Hello,

I'm scheduled to have both an EGD and colonoscopy on Monday and the fear is starting to set in. The instructions for the phospho-soda begin at 3 p.m. with three Dulcolax tablets at 7 p.m. Does this mean I'll be up most of the night? I want to try to get a good night's sleep if that's possible.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2004, 08:02 PM   #2
unclem

unclem HB User
Re: EGD & Colonoscopy together

Hi Nan,

When I had to do the same prep, I was finished by midnight.
Try to relax, the prep was the tough part.

Old 01-25-2004, 05:37 AM   #3
NanG

NanG HB User

This is helpful. Thanks so much.
Nan

Last edited by moderator4; 01-28-2004 at 12:04 PM.

Old 01-25-2004, 02:15 PM   #4
Jenetti
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanG
Hello,

I'm scheduled to have both an EGD and colonoscopy on Monday and the fear is starting to set in. The instructions for the phospho-soda begin at 3 p.m. with three Dulcolax tablets at 7 p.m. Does this mean I'll be up most of the night? I want to try to get a good night's sleep if that's possible.

Thanks.

Nan,
I know this won't help much but I will keep you in my prayers. Let us know how the procedure went. From what I hear, the prep procedure is the worst part. Im having it done on Feb 20th and I was soooo afraid. I keep hearing tho, that the prep is the hardest part of it. What Im going to try doing tho, is (as the doc suggested to me), get on a liquid diet a few days before i even start the prep. That way it will be easier. ( I HOPE).
Jen

Old 01-28-2004, 11:40 AM   #5
NanG

NanG HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenetti
Nan,
I know this won't help much but I will keep you in my prayers. Let us know how the procedure went. From what I hear, the prep procedure is the worst part. Im having it done on Feb 20th and I was soooo afraid. I keep hearing tho, that the prep is the hardest part of it. What Im going to try doing tho, is (as the doc suggested to me), get on a liquid diet a few days before i even start the prep. That way it will be easier. ( I HOPE).
Jen
Thanks Jen. You are very kind and I appreciate your thoughts. I must say it was FINE! The apprehension was the worst and now I could kick myself for getting all worked up and making myself miserable for a few days. I had a "twilight" and was basically "out" for everything and only remember the spray and waking up in recovery. I think a soft diet a few days before would be fine. I'm not totally sure about going liquid so far before the procedure. Mostly because you will be starving by the time the test is over. Not a huge deal, I suppose, but I felt very weak after not eating for a day and a half...can't imagine two and half days of only liquid and/or nothing.

Good luck and thanks for thinking of me!

Closed Thread