It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Stabbing stomach pain b4 bowel movement during period

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2004, 06:46 PM   #1
HvnsAngel
(female)

HvnsAngel HB User
Stabbing stomach pain b4 bowel movement during period

I get an excrusiating pain in my lower stomach b4 a bowel movement during my period. This does not happen every month. Other months it will happen a few times. The pain stops me in my tracks, brings tears to my eyes and and all I can do is breath and pray is stops. The pain is so bad that I could go to the emergency room but of course I don't. It only lasts about a minute or 2. I have not been to the drs yet but I will be making an appt because this last month was the worst it has ever been. It happens whether I am wearing a tampon or just a pad. Does anybody else get this or know what this is?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2004, 11:11 PM   #2
twisten
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User
Re: Stabbing stomach pain b4 bowel movement during period

Read the post from lins6108 titled "Bad abdominal pain once a month (not menstrual related). I think it was first posted a couple of days ago. Your symptoms sound similar.

Old 01-31-2004, 05:15 PM   #3
HvnsAngel
(female)

HvnsAngel HB User

Thank you for your reply. I had read her post but my symptoms seem to be different. After doing some research on the web, it sounds like it may be Endometriosis. I am making my appt this week and I will let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Old 01-31-2004, 05:26 PM   #4
twisten
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

You didn't really explain your symptoms so I thought maybe you guys were dealing with the same thing. I sure hope its not endometriosis, even though its nice to know what is wrong. I have a friend with that and its not pleasant. Good luck and yes please do keep us posted as to how you are doing.

Closed Thread