It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Concerns

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2004, 07:27 PM   #1
AdamW25

AdamW25 HB User
Concerns

Hello everybody, I'm posting here because I've been noticing certain stool problems in the last few months. I'm very concerned and hopefully somebody here can help me out. I seem to have loose stools everyday. Lately, every 3-4 days(or sometimes1 day after another) I have been having to go 2-3 times a day. Is it normal to have to let out stools more than once a day? Now it is not 100% water. The last time I experienced that was in December. My stool is not one big piece, but they do come out in formed pieces. The size and shapes are different. Its hard for me to describe them, but I'll try my best to do so. Sometimes they are like long kind of thick lines, sometimes they are kind of bigger and round, but not one piece and sometimes there have been tiny pieces without letting out a big amount of stools.Is it only diarrhea if its 100% water? I don't appear to have any blood or black stools. The only time they've been dark is apparantly after having grape juice or vitamins. I've only seen blood because sometimes I may wipe a little too hard and I apparantly end up scratching my anus. Another thing I notice is that it doesn't usually take me long to wipe. Usually it takes 2-3 wipes and then I'm finished. This seems to indicate looseness of stools to me. I am very concerned that I have some sort of cancer. The internet research I have done shows that diarrhea or loose stools are cancer symptoms. Is this always the case? Is it common for a 24(going on 25) year old to have cancer where the symptoms include stool problems. I guess some of these cancers would include colon, rectal, prostate and I'm not sure what else. I've been to the doctor a few times and here's what has happened. I've had a couple blood tests and the results came out normal. I also had a stool test done and the results came out normal as well. With that said, I am not 100% sure if those were enough to determine if I have anything that I fear like I'm talking about in this post. Do you think its a positive sign for my health that these test results came out normal?

A few other things I want to add. I feel extremely light pain in between my pelvis and my testicles. It is not something that makes me live in discomfort, but it does have me thinking in relation to what I'm talking about in my post.

Also, some people have speculated that I'm lactose intolerant, but I don't know. I'm not 100% sure if I've noticed any signs after eating certain foods. I've only noticed a few times that this might be a possibility, but again I'm not 100% I take Lactaid and it seems to help most of the time, but I've still had these type of problems come up like I have mentioned. Is it still possible to have stool problems sometimes when taking Lactaid? Do you have to feel the effects about 30 minutes to a few hours after eating? Or can things still start to kick in the next day and after sleeping?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2004, 12:18 PM   #2
AdamW25

AdamW25 HB User
Re: Concerns

Hello, I'm posting here again because I've noticed nobody has responded to my post yet and I'm really hoping that Harry or somebody can give me some helpful info because I am very concerned. I'm assuming that nobody has responded because they are not sure of what kind of info to give me. Hopefully somebody will respond. I'm a first time poster and I find this board via a google search. When reading of this board I was thinking it would be a great idea to post about my problems and have somebody provide me with some helpful information.

Thanks!

Old 02-02-2004, 01:03 PM   #3
Crossbow
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

It could be a lot of things. Have you talked to your doctor?

It could be IBS, a food intolerace other than lactose (I get the same symptoms you have, but from wheat), or a lack of intestinal bacteria (like acidophilus).

Oh - and when I asked my doctor, she said it's normal to have bowel movements up to 4 times a day or as little as every for days. They don't worry unless it's more or less than that. I hope that helps a bit.

Old 02-02-2004, 02:46 PM   #4
twisten
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

My bowel habits can vary drastically. I can go from no bowel movement for a week or so and then all of a sudden I'm having 8 or 9 a day. Mine also sometimes come out long and skinny, like pencils, and other times little chunks. If you're not having any other symptoms such as pain or blood, other than from wiping too hard (are you sure its from that?), then I don't think its too much to worry about. I would take it as a good sign that your tests are coming back okay. You could ask for further testing though, such as barium enema or a colonoscopy. Hope this helps some. Let us know how you are making out.

Old 02-02-2004, 07:01 PM   #5
AdamW25

AdamW25 HB User

It seems that the blood may be from wiping hard. Today I was trying to wipe nice and easy and I didn't notice any blood. As for pain, like I said, I feel something very very minor from time to time in the area between my pelvis and testicles. It seems to come and go and it is not like it makes my life harder becauseof any intense pain. I just wonder if its anything significant. I've had it on and off since around May or June. Where do you have to feel pain in order to be concerned about possible cancer? The stool tests done are listed as culture stool, stool WBC and stool ova and parasites. I'm thinking this was for only viruses or bacteria so I don't know if this is good enough to detect anything that I'm fearing right now. I really appreciate the two replies so far. I will surely continue to read this board, post comments and questions and give whatever updates there may be.

Last edited by AdamW25; 02-02-2004 at 09:00 PM. Reason: adding a question

Old 02-02-2004, 09:12 PM   #6
twisten
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

If colon cancer is what you are worried about I would push your doc to send you for a colonoscopy. He may have to refer you to a gastroenterologist first. I honestly couldn't say where you would feel pain if you had cancer. Please do keep up posted on how you are making out.
P.S. Is the blood possibly from a hemorroid?

Last edited by twisten; 02-02-2004 at 09:12 PM. Reason: add on

Closed Thread