It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

are colonoscopies that bad

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2004, 09:22 PM   #1
whenwillitend

whenwillitend HB User
Question are colonoscopies that bad

hello, i'm new here as you can tell,just a bit of background for you all. 2 surgeries 3 months apart, first one to put bladder back into place 2nd to remove ovaries,tubes and appendix.........since the 2nd surgery i'm having alot of abdomin(sp)pain and swelling
doc sent me to gastro dr.........she sent me for a ct scan.........it showed a adrenal mass........a few days after the results from that test where back i started bleeding rectally....bright red blood........called my dr........she said keep taking the gas x and the metamucil in juice and use anusul until my appt .
i have the strange feeling shes going to want a colonoscopy next and i dont know much about them.........can anyone tell me if its best to be knocked out and is the prep that bad? the dr is fairly certain i have ibs.but who knows
thanks for your help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2004, 09:52 PM   #2
Memilee

Memilee HB User
Re: are colonoscopies that bad

Well the most horrible thing about it to tell the truth is cleaning out your system the day before to prep. I had to drink like a gallon of this horrible tasting liquid that made me want to vomit. I actually started crying in the middle of it because it was so horrible. The actual procedure was supposed to be done and not remembered but I remember waking up in the middle of mine which kind of sucked. Plus I was having endoscopy at the same time so I had a tube in my throat too!!! Anyway it sounds like you've had a lot done already so it shouldn't be too bad for you, just the prep!!! Good luck!

Old 02-01-2004, 09:58 PM   #3
whenwillitend

whenwillitend HB User

now that sounds worse then the test

Last edited by moderator4; 02-01-2004 at 10:07 PM.

Old 02-01-2004, 09:58 PM   #4
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Welcome to the boards --colonoscopy is not bad it is the prep that cleans your entire intestines out that is bad. Many get an irratated rectum-- just Lanacane helps the irritation.

Diagnosing IBS is a matter of eliminating other problems since there is no definite DX.

Some people like to be knocked out but I don't. I sorta like looking at the monitor with the Doctor!!

Closed Thread