It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Anal itching-need help

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2004, 01:11 PM   #1
jbcgal

jbcgal HB User
Unhappy Anal itching-need help

I have been having horrible anal itching for a couple of months now. I don't have hemmoroids, worms or an STD. It always happens after I have a bowel movement. I don't strain, my bowel movements and normal and regular. I always wipe really well, it's not a hygeine problem, but I do get the most relief by taking a shower. Preparation H helps somewhat. Could it be something in my diet causing this? Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2004, 01:29 PM   #2
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Anal itching-need help

Hi, as personal as this question is....have you taken a look to see what's down there? Squatting over a mirror (after a shower) will let you see clearly. It could be a small fissure. After a bm, wiping well is good, but washing is the best way to help if there is any stool in the anal folds. Even warm wet toilet paper and then pat dried could do the trick. Sometimes the residue left from some toilet paper irritates.

Anal itching could also be from yeast. I don't know what products for rectal itching caused by yeast are available....but checking out the internet or asking the pharmacist would help with the info you need.

Hope you feel better soon,
quincy

Last edited by quincy; 03-20-2004 at 01:31 PM.

Old 03-20-2004, 04:41 PM   #3
Rick7799
Senior Veteran
(male)

Rick7799 HB User

I know one thing, fissures are painful as heck. Maybe people experience it different but the one I had really hurt. My guess is, that is not your problem. I do agree wet toilet paper can help. But, like Quincy said, it can irritate.

It could be something in your diet. I had a problem with burning in my anus area and I had a problem getting my self clean down there. Its like it was oily or something. I was using a lot of tissue to get myself clean. My doctor suggested getting more fiber in my diet. I am using Beenefiber every day. Within about a week I noticed I was using much less tissue and the burning went away. I hope that was the cause of my problem. Try getting more fiber and see what happens.

Old 03-24-2004, 07:02 PM   #4
ucf06

ucf06 HB User

I had anal itching and burning a few weeks ago. I thougth it was due to hemorrhoids, so I went to a GI for a check up and turns out it wasn't hemorrhoids. Although the GI told me to stop using Metamucil and suggested that I should try Benefiber. She said that it works great for many patients and herself! I've been using it for 2 days now and it has been wondering in treating the itching and burning. You should give it a try.

Old 03-25-2004, 04:16 PM   #5
Rick7799
Senior Veteran
(male)

Rick7799 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucf06
I had anal itching and burning a few weeks ago. I thougth it was due to hemorrhoids, so I went to a GI for a check up and turns out it wasn't hemorrhoids. Although the GI told me to stop using Metamucil and suggested that I should try Benefiber. She said that it works great for many patients and herself! I've been using it for 2 days now and it has been wondering in treating the itching and burning. You should give it a try.
The Benefiber has helped me to with the burning. I think it's the best out there. The one disadvantage is it cost more. You get what you pay for.

Old 03-25-2004, 09:16 PM   #6
wackytoposthere
Inactive
(male)

wackytoposthere HB User

Try using baby wipes, makes for a whole lot cleaner bottom.

Old 03-26-2004, 08:02 AM   #7
exoticgoddess
Inactive

exoticgoddess HB User

xxx Perhaps it may be a tear of some kind.
You may need to check this out further, professionally
to get a line on what it is. Usually, itching is associated with pin, thread worms and other parasites. If Candida Albicans another parasite is ruled out then it must be a tear or an opening of some sort.

Fiber helps.

Much Luck*

Closed Thread