It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

can Ibs cause you to not want sex

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2004, 11:46 AM   #1
staceyhelpme

staceyhelpme HB User
can Ibs cause you to not want sex

I think my boyfriend might have IBS could this also be the reason he is have sex problems as well, not wanting to because he says he is so tried, has pain in his stomach after orgasam. Please give me any opinion it would be great,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2004, 01:37 PM   #2
tootainted

tootainted HB User
Re: can Ibs cause you to not want sex

I have had a form of IBS for 3 weeks now and i have NO sex drive at all, where as i would normaly have one on over drive. It has made me so week, and frequent BM's can make your stomach area sore.

BUT that may only be one reason he might not want to have sex. If he is not interested after the IBS has passed then you will know; of course.

Old 04-12-2004, 08:21 PM   #3
countrygal
(female)

countrygal HB User

Stacey, sorry to hear about your bf. I too have IBS and other bowel problems and for me it is painful and i have a very lo sex drive. Be patient and understanding. That is important if you really care for him. My bf is very understanding and supportive. And i can talk to him about anything. I cant say if there is anything else going on with him! Communication and a good Dr. might can help. Good luck

Old 04-12-2004, 10:31 PM   #4
Al.

Al. HB User

1st time post.....

I also suffered from IBS for quite a while ... ( Low fiber / high fat diet in my case ) and expirenced quite painfull symptions ...and lost alot of sex drive...
I changed to a much higher fiber/ lower fat diet and in my case , I have really benifitted from the change.Not only has my IBS gone away but my sex drive returned as well.

In my case I was able to identify what was causeing my problems and was able to make changes for the better. It can be quite difficult to determin what is actually causing the problems ( diet , stress , ect ect ) ...perhaps trying find the reason(s) that is causeing the IBS would be something benificial for the two of you to do together ?..... Honesty and communication can go along way in finding a way to best cure this ailment.

I wish you two the best in your quest for a cure !

Old 04-12-2004, 10:58 PM   #5
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I have been a regular on this board for almost 5 years and I read most messages. This problem comes up enough to be discussed on a regular basis.

I have come to the conclusion that health begin in your gastrointestinal tract. If it is out of order then you don't absorb the nutrients you need for all body functions and that certainly includes Sex!!! Regular diarrhea can wash away alot of nutrients you need to live a quality life as well as cause disorders/illnesses that you just flat don't want to live with --- constipation also come with alist of problems.

When you are young, poor diet as well as poor life style is very forgiving but as you get older--- you will find that it just does not work and I assure you sex will be a minor problem!!!

Harry

Closed Thread