It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Drinking water...and bloat!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2004, 05:41 AM   #1
lucky2289

lucky2289 HB User
Drinking water...and bloat!!

Ok, I know how important it is to drink water especially if you are on fiber therapy. But, I have such a hard time drinking the water I should when I am already so bloated. I am a sipper, which basically means I sip all day. I probably am getting about 50 ounces a day right now. I have read where some people follow each dose of Metamucil with TWO glasses of water! I am aleady so bloated most of the time that just thinking of drinking that much water at once makes me sick! Do you think that because I sip all day and keep myself hydrated that would be sufficent and that I could just stay with the one glass with each dose of Metamucil?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2004, 10:57 PM   #2
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Drinking water...and bloat!!

lucky,
The directions say stir the Metamucil and drink it promptly!! Don't sip when taking Metamucil!!!

I only drink one glass of water with each dose. As you know psyllium absorbs liquid very quickly. Just put a teaspoon in a glass of water and watch what it does for 15 minutes-- that powder will become a gel type of stuff and that is what it is going to do in your stomach and intestines.

My wife has the bloating problem and she takes the capsules type in the morning and evening. The bloating cause her hiatal hernia to hurt. The capsules dissolve further in the digestive tract and causes no problems but she still drink the glass of water with each dose.

God Bless---Harry

Closed Thread