It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Stomach problems due to allergy??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2004, 03:58 AM   #1
chloe_girl

chloe_girl HB User
Stomach problems due to allergy??

See if you can make any sense of my symptoms.

I have been celiac for 20 years and have stuck fairly religiously to the diet. However about ten years ago I started waking up in the morning with stomach cramps and discomfort. This is a fairly regular thing and I get it to some degree most mornings. I also seem to get it whenever I'm hungry and my stomach is empty I guess. Of course when I say stomach I mean abdomen so the problem is probably in my bowels. I've had all the medical tests colonoscopy etc. I've also tried colonic irrigation to no avail. I'm wondering could it be an allergy to dairy products? I can't really see any pattern and it doesn't get worse after eating dairy. My only other symptom is a red acne like marks on my shoulders and chest which is there most of the time. I'm 29 so it can't be acne related as such and my face is clear

Can anyone relate this to a dairy or other allergy? Or perhaps there is something else i haven't thought of.

I'm at a stage now where I've given up looking for a cure and just put up with it.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2004, 12:41 AM   #2
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Lightbulb Re: Stomach problems due to allergy??

Your problems may be caused by several things.
Lack of calcium and magnesium in your diet and properly absorbed can cause spasms as well as cramping you describe. You could try taking a calcium / magnesium supplement 3 times daily to increase absorption along with vitamin D. You need to take it anyway to prevent osteoporosis. I know you a little young but you might as well start.

With celiac as you know you are very restricted diet anyway-- so who know what nutrients you really need.
There is also a very good homeopathic remedy for spasms and cramps made better by warmth--- Magnesia Phos-- you can buy at a health food store and take it when needed.

Also, you could have a candida / yeast infection--- the good friendly bacteria in your intestines may be out of balance --- eating yugurt and taking a probiotic supplement may help. I usually get the feeling after eating something sweet -- a sure sign of yeast since it really thrives on sugary foods as well as simple carbs.

And, as you said lactose could be a problem--- you could buy lactose reduced milk or stop dairy for a few days. Like Gluten -- you'll Know soon.

The red marks could be Grover's Disease --- not serious but will go away after awhile. Doctor's treat it with cortisone cream.

You may always have a trigger food that causes an intolerance reaction. It is very difficult to ID. You have to keep a log about everything you eat and drink and do a rotation type diet. It is certainly not easy. I ate 10 kinds of chicken breasts before I found 1 that gave me a sinus headache on the left side within an hour after eating -- Tyson's brand from Sam's.

I certainly wish you well--- Harry

Closed Thread