It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

first diarrhrea now constipation

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-04-2004, 10:08 AM   #1
Sarekai

Sarekai HB User
first diarrhrea now constipation

Hi,

After dealing with some job/stress related IBS diarrhea for a while, I finally got that under control with fiber powder. The fiber really helped out a lot.

Now things stresswise have calmed down exponentially for me, and my IBS has gone away as well (from what I can tell). However, now when I go number 2, i feel a little constipated, it seems like my poop is harder and it needs more effort to "go".

I am still taking the fiber powder stuff (twice a day). My diet is mostly good, oatmeal/toast in the morning, orange and something at lunch, dinner with veggies. I also drink water during the day and indulge in a couple diet cokes (need my fix). Is there anything I can do to keep from getting constipated? I mean, I am able to go, it just feels slower (if that makes sense). It feels like I swung from having bad IBS diarrhea and going a lot, to now not going at my regular times and being kind of constipated. I just want to be somewhere in the middle!

thanks
Sarekai

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Constipation and Sjogren's Syndrome dolby Sjögren's Syndrome 7 07-06-2011 04:27 PM
Severely constipated during first day of period dayandage Women's Health 2 08-10-2009 07:27 AM
First Colonoscopy done.... sbella68 Cancer: Colon 3 04-30-2009 07:46 PM
Diarrhrea on Lexapro KArast Anxiety 6 07-20-2006 02:42 PM
Constipation/Pre-Menopause Linked?? Kistome Bowel Disorders 1 06-08-2006 09:37 PM
Constipation and Blood in Stool!!! Blasterboy Pain Management 13 05-08-2006 04:59 PM
Looking for gastroenterologist, problems with constipation Mamma Lucia Bowel Disorders 2 03-08-2006 09:03 AM
Chronic Constipation + Fissure + Dark Stool Bloatedgirl Bowel Disorders 2 12-13-2005 05:20 PM
Constipation? gordyb Bowel Disorders 14 08-24-2005 01:06 PM
Constipation, now this aaronon Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) 9 12-25-2004 10:28 PM