It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• I'm confused...about Severe abdominal pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-04-2004, 10:18 AM   #1
    Lysander
    (female)

Lysander HB User
    I'm confused...about Severe abdominal pain

At 9 on Sunday night, I got up from watching a TV show to use the bathroom because I felt a little bloated and blocked up. Almost instantly, I was struck with a sharp, severe abdominal pain throughout my whole belly. Within minutes I was too shaky and dizzy to even sit on the toilet, let alone stand. I started breathing shallow and rapidly, feeling like I couldn't get enough air in. I laid down on the couch, unable to stand, hardly hearing what anyone said to me as the pain became so excruciating that I couldn't move. My stomach felt swollen, tight, and bloated. I felt sick to my stomach and would have thrown up if I'd thought it wouldn't have hurt like hell. I also had hot flashes where my forehead burned.

Despite having almost all the symptons of apendicitus, my father said I was fine. No one seemed to understand how terrified I was or how much it hurt. Lying on my back and feeling exhausted, I fell asleep. I woke at 2 am in the morning and thought I was better for a second. After trying to stand up, all of the pain came back. I fell back to bed and whimpered. When I woke up at 8 am that morning, I could move around some, but walking caused lancing pain up along my lower regions and abdomen. I could sit with only mild pain. Within hours, the pain finally faded and I was able to walk normally again. It's now the next day, and I still feel bloated and a little discomforted because of that, but it doesn't hurt at all.

My father passed it off as "a bit of a stomach bug" and my mother said it was just bad cramps or gas (and I've had cramps so bad I had to lay in bed and grit my teeth for an hour, but NOTHING compared to this). I did pas some gas that night (the normal amount for me) but it never caused any relief. Even taking a laxative, I didn't use the bathroom till the next morning, and that didn't make me feel much different, either.

I have never had severe health problems before...my family doesn't really go to doctors. I guess it's over now but it was the scariest thing I've ever been through. I guess I'm looking for some ideas of what it could have been, and if I should still be worried, even though I don't hurt anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2004, 08:48 PM   #2
    resection
    (male)

resection HB User
    Re: I'm confused...about Severe abdominal pain

I take it you are under the age of 16. Go to your school nurse. If your temp is way high, you have to talk to parents. If you have not gone poop since before Sunday, they really need to take you to a doctor. I would not take a laxative without talking to a doc if you have been blocked for more than three days and you have these symptoms. Be sure your school nurse knows your parents preference to avoid doctors. Sometimes, big people don't listen to young people like they should.

Dizzy, fainting, severe pain. Got to talk to your parents.

If you are old enough to make your own decisions or think you are, and have unbearable pain. Get a freind to take you to a doc. Just tell them your situation at the front desk. They will either see you or point you somewhere where you can get help.

If you are going potty, and your temp is under 100 degrees, and you are not in pain, and there is no more problems with dizziness, your parents may indeed be right. If it persists, go see a doctor one way or another.

No one will be able to diagnose you over the internet. It can be so many things from really bad cramps to kidney stones to intestinal problems to something else.

Good luck.

Closed Thread