It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Sharp stabbing pains in abdomen

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-08-2004, 02:57 PM   #1
    cowgirl03

cowgirl03 HB User
    Sharp stabbing pains in abdomen

REALLY LONG BUT PLEASE READ AND HELP!!
    When I was 13 (Im 19 now) I went to the doctor for sharp stabbing pains they couldnt figure anything out, I had blood tests done, they were even going to go into my stomach through my belly button to look inside and see what was wrong. Well before that could happen I went to the ER because the pain was soo bad that not even morphine made it go away. They thought it was my apendix but it wasnt so then they did a CT scan it showed the my intestine was FULL. They gave me this nasty stuff to drink, it didnt work, and that oil stuff (I cant remember what its called) 4 different times and that didnt work. I even had an enema and that didnt work. Finally they sent me home and told me to keep drink the icky chalky stuff and hopefully it would happen. It did and ever since then Ive been okay, I still have pain but not all the time, and I eat more fiber.
    Well its happening again...Fiber supplements work for a while but then they stop working. So I finally tried the colon cleansing, I only did it for one day because it made me sick (that was about 3 weeks ago) and it did make me go everyday for a week and then I started getting the sharp stabbing pains again. And Ive had the pain for 2-weeks and I started my period yesterday and now the pain seem even worse! It feels like someone is stabbing me and twisting the knife. Sometimes its in my right lower abdomen, other times its in the left, and sometimes its right below my belly button.
    WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE IT GO AWAY??????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2004, 06:58 PM   #2
    cowgirl03

cowgirl03 HB User
    13 Views and no replies

Someone please reply!

Old 06-08-2004, 08:20 PM   #3
    UT_mom
    Senior Veteran

UT_mom HB User
    Re: Sharp stabbing pains in abdomen

You poor thing! I also have right sided pain and severe chronic constipation despite everything I do (fiber, regular exercise, lots of water, healthy diet). My pain has never been as severe as you explain yours to be but I am uncomfortable much of the time and my symptoms and pain seem to flare up. Have you ever considered requested some tests from your doctor such as fecal occult test (for blood inside stool), colonoscopy, barium enema xray etc... With your pain and the return of your problems you might want to investigate and hopefully rule out an inflammatory bowel disorder like Crohns disease or ulcerative colitis. I know that most people with these have diarrhea over constipation but I have most symptoms of both except my primary problem is constipation instead. Sometimes I'll go 10 days without a bowel movement even though I try 15 times a day. Hopefully you have nothing like this but it's no fun to be plugged and you may just want to get a better picture of possible causes for your problem. Good luck!

Old 06-08-2004, 08:52 PM   #4
    cowgirl03

cowgirl03 HB User

Thank you so much for replying!!

Old 06-10-2004, 10:50 PM   #5
    UT_mom
    Senior Veteran

UT_mom HB User

No problem. Let me know how everything turns out!! I hope you're feeling better!

Old 06-11-2004, 09:42 AM   #6
    cowgirl03

cowgirl03 HB User

No its still bothering me, it got really bad last night so I went and bought some of those one time heating pads and some stool softener, but I still havent been able to go #2 for 2 days now. I went to the doctor on Wednesday but he thinks that I have some sexually transmitted disease because of the cramping, but I know I dont. And I even told him about my problem with constipation before and he didnt even say anything about it or even think that is the problem. Its going to be just like the last time that it got really bad and no one did anything just told me to add fiber, but the fiber isnt working anymore. I wish that the stupid doctor would just do something to fix me so I dont have to keep going in there. And last time this happened none of the doctors in the office could figure out what it was. It wasnt until I went to the hospital that they figured out the problem.
    Cowgirl03

Last edited by cowgirl03; 06-11-2004 at 09:44 AM.

Closed Thread