It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• rectal bleeding, itching, and unregular bowel movement

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-19-2004, 05:49 AM   #1
    kballer

kballer HB User
    rectal bleeding, itching, and unregular bowel movement

hello. i am almost 23 years old and have been having rectal problems for the past few years. because of my emabarrassement and stupidity i never really got it checked out but now i am now very worried about it.
    my problem is that i have is rectal bleeding after a EVERY bowel movement. i don't recall seeing blood in my stool but after bowel movement there is always blood on the tissue paper. it is not heavy bleeding but it does bleed. i also can't remember the last time when i had regular solid stool. its always very flaky, pretty much like diahrea, and stings sometimes. my rectum also gets very itchy. i always clean it very thoroughly after bowel movement and in the shower but it still gets very itchy throughout the day but mosyly at night. (i have read in some other posts that this is pinworms?) i have used cortizone for the past couple months but it did not help with the blood but it did help a little with the itching.
    my question is, are any of these symptoms serious? i know that bleeding is a symptom of colon cancer so i am very worried. thank you for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2004, 11:18 PM   #2
    kballer

kballer HB User
    Re: rectal bleeding, itching, and unregular bowel movement

after reading many of the posts it seems that a lot of people have these problems. but it seems that many people just have one of the problems. are all the problems related (blood, itchiness, no hard stool, gas, and bloating)? because i have all of them. and should i take metemucil to help my stool form? is it only for constipation? thanks.

Old 06-20-2004, 03:12 PM   #3
    angelcj

angelcj HB User

Any of those symptoms mean something is wrong... you need to see a dr. to find out what you have before you start taking over the counter meds. I have had all of the above at the same time. I have Ulcerative Colitis. It is nothing to play with. It will not get better without treatment & there is no known cure. So don't wait, set up an appt. soon. Good Luck!

Old 06-20-2004, 06:19 PM   #4
    michaelfloyd
    (male)

michaelfloyd HB User

I agree with the above. i had those same symptoms as well and it turned out to be ulcerative colitis. mine is extremely manageable with meds... but you should get it checked out to see what it is.

Closed Thread