It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Diarrhea for 7 months now

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-16-2004, 07:13 AM   #1
    Qtsy81

Qtsy81 HB User
    Diarrhea for 7 months now

First and foremost, I have no insurance and am barely making my bills so going to a doctor is a rare occurance.

I started having diarrhea at the end of Fenruary 2004. It wasn't urgent, so I ignored it. They are loose stools, sometimes foul smelling (my boyfriend described it as burning rubber), sometimes they float, and sometimes they are painful and it burns, and sometimes it is undigested. (I can see cracker crumbs from the night before) There is no blood in the stool and I did have a occult stool test done and I have no blood in my stool. Every once in a while I will have bright red "dropplets" on the toilet paper, but I thought that that was from having diarrhea for so long.

I read on a message board that this women would feel a gass bubble right before she had to go to the bathroom. I feel that everyday. Right before I have to go to the bathroom. I thought this was normal.

I self diagnosed myself with Celiac disease in the end of July and have been on a gluten free diet, but the diarrhea hasn't gone away.

In fact, now I have a mixture of diarrhea and constipation. I run to the bathroom, go 1/2 of what I normally go, and then feel like something is blocking it and I can't go anymore even though I feel like I'm not done. Now the diarrhea is more urgent where I have to stop what I'm doing to go.

Other things that might be important:

It doesn't matter what or when I eat. I still feel the same way.

I am always cold, or have ice cold hands or feet.

My mouth is always dry and I drink 10 glasses of water per day (average).

I normally sleep 10 hours a day, soundly, and am still tired when I wake up.

I have very little energy during the day. I don't even feel like cleaning.

I'm 22 years old, eat healthy, but rarely excersise (the no energy thing).

Sometimes my stomach hurts. I hurts right below the rib cage (3 inch. above the belly) in the upper abdomen area or 1/2 an inch above the belly on both righ and the left sides of the abdomen. I've had this pain before when I was 17 and it hurt so bad that I had to go to the emergancy room. My stats were fine and I had no gall stones so they thought I was making it up and sent me home. (My family thought I was making it up too because the doctors couldn't find anything). It is the same feeling now as it was then only 10 times better.

My lower back aches. It is a dull ache and sometimes it burns.

OK, way long, I know, but if ANYONE has, had or is haveing these symptoms PLEASE let me know. I have ignored this for too long and I have no idea what is going on.

Thanks,
    Heather

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2004, 02:11 PM   #2
    lulululu3

lulululu3 HB User
    Re: Diarrhea for 7 months now

I have been experiencing many of the same symptoms as you - diarrhea, bloating, gas, some stomach pain, lack of energy despite getting enough sleep, and dry mouth/excessive thirst despite consuming tons of water. I have been searching online to try to get some answers. My doctor initially gave me priobiotics and now said I should try FiberCon to add bulk. He said I have a sensitive gastro-colic reflex. I am considering trying biofeedback or acupuncture, but those things seem best if stress is the cause, and I am not convinced that it is. I hope that someone has an idea for a more definitive treatment/cure.

Old 09-16-2004, 03:56 PM   #3
    Qtsy81

Qtsy81 HB User

Thank you for responding, and I hope you feel better. Have you tried going to more then one doctor? Have you had any tests done? I have tried fiberCon and it does nothing but irritate my stomach more. I tried yoga, too. But when they started pounding on the stomach "to loosen the bowels", I almost threw up and I walked out right then and there. Let me know how acupuncture works.
    Good luck,
    Heather

Old 09-17-2004, 05:45 AM   #4
    gardenandcats
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

I would make a appointment with a good gastrologist. tell him all you symptoms.He will probably schedule you for some test. Upper and lower G.I. And a colonscopy. These symptoms your describing could be signs of a bowel disease such as Crohns or Colits. Or IBS. I have Crohns myself and some of your symptoms sounds like it could be one of these.Good Luck

Old 09-17-2004, 10:38 AM   #5
    FireWoman

FireWoman HB User

I don't have insurance either and my bills are pretty high right now as well. I have major tummy and hemorrhoid issues. The doctor's, if you tell them that you have no insurance, will give you a discount in most cases. My hemorrhoid surgean performed the PPH operation for 1/2 the price. My other astroenterologist only charged me $50 a visit. If you think about it, that is only aboyt $20 over some co-pay's. Call around and ask about their oscount prices, than GO SEE A DOCTOR. Never know,, it could be something serious.

Dana

Old 09-17-2004, 09:16 PM   #6
    artemus

artemus HB User

Hello, I am new here at this post. I have had chronic fatigue for about three years now. I have tried all of the doctors pills advice etc. nothing worked. I was diagnosed with menieres disease in 2002. Although my symptoms are A typical i.e faint feeling most of the time sluggish and even blacking out.

Just recently I went to a alternate medicine therapy where I was told about the lymphatic system and how it could become clogged and and a host for toxins. I thought yeah right another therapy. I had just one visit with a massage therapist who worked on my lymphatic system -it was painfull at first , due to all of the toxicity over the years. I could not understand why because I was always eating healthy and worked out but still felt horrible sluggish , dizzy no energy.
    I am by no means a doctor but I feel 100% better after having my lymph nodes worked on ( drained ) along with plenty of water and Milk thistle extract ( cleans liver). I will continue this therapy and would urge anyone who has immune problems, or like I have had to at least give it a try, I really works.

Somtimes Doctors are ready to just give us pills and give us a
    diagnosis; it's not thier falt they learn from Medical school and empirically treat symptoms. Another aspect is political that is tied up in a multi-billion dollar industry i.e pharmaceutical industry and Doctors, insurance etc.

It's really a shame because eastern medicine has been around for thousands of years and are great country is still behind regaring true health and well being.
    Just look at the asian culture and the average life span and health of the general populace.

Regards
    and blessings
    Artemis

Old 09-23-2004, 06:49 AM   #7
    miss-prissy-me

miss-prissy-me HB User

I agree you should go to the Dr. I have a lot of your symptoms and it's a hard thing to live with. I have been to about 3 different Dr. and I have finally found one that doesn't think I am making it up and is really working to find out what is wrong. I had to turn to my mom for funding for these Dr. appointments, but atleast I have medicine now where I can get out of the house and I'm on my way to finding out what is wrong. Don't diagnose yourself, go see a Dr. it could be something serious.

Closed Thread