It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Bloody stool / No Doctor

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-13-2002, 11:25 AM   #1
    smfine

smfine HB User
    Post Bloody stool / No Doctor

Hi. I'm having a problem and don't want to go see a doctor. I don't think I can bring myself to have a scope put in me. I had a Proctol (sp?) exam last year and it was terrible. I know I should go but don't think I will. Can some of you give your advice on what my problem is?

I'm 30 yrs old. I've had bloody stool occasionally for a long time (several years?). Sometimes the anus is a little itchy but doesn't seem to be related to the blood at all. I had a doctor look at the outside of the anus and found no signs of hemhorrids.
    Yesterday I bled badly again. Bright red but mostly on the last piece and the first piece of T.P. Actually looked like a small clot or two (which were darker). No pain at all or itching. Not hard stool at all.

I've also had A LOT of problems having movements recently (for months). I think this part is a mental problem. Anus won't open to release properly. Wants to "pinch off" immediatly. Sometimes, when I do go, it's like a putting a pound of play-dough through a keyhole. This is REALLY beginning to effect my personal/professional life in many ways.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2002, 05:12 PM   #2
    bratinpain

bratinpain HB User
    hello maybe you have internal hemmoroids ! dont know of course cause im no dr but its possible! good luck to you!

Old 08-13-2002, 11:04 PM   #3
    mlgable
    Inactive

mlgable HB User
    Any rectal bleeding needs to be checked out by the doc. You also need to add metamucil to your daily routine 1-3 times daily to help get your bowels regulated. Go in to see the doc and get things checked. It is better to get things checked and find out is nothing serious than to wait and bury your head in the sand and wind up with a serious problem. If the do decide to you need more thorough testing they will give you medications to help relax you before doing some of the exams.

Old 08-14-2002, 06:23 AM   #4
    Lindarella
    Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
    I agree with mlgable, see a doctor. You get one shot at life. Wouldn't it be a shame that yours would end early because you're afraid of something that they do every single day?

You're right, that procotscope is bad. If you were to need any further tests, they are much better as you are either put all the way to sleep or put so far under that you don't care.

Seriously, the tests are no fun for anyone. No one I know has yet to throw a "yay, im getting colonoscopy test" party

Please don't mess around until it could be too late. Good luck to you.

Old 08-14-2002, 11:15 AM   #5
    smfine

smfine HB User
    It's really amazing, something that EVERYONE takes for granted, something that is a natural part of life, could cause such a disruption in one's life and become such a major problem.

Old 08-15-2002, 05:56 AM   #6
    auntjudyg
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

auntjudyg HB User
    One more voice to add to the chorus - smfine, you really need to get this checked out by a doctor.

The potentials of what you might have to face by ignoring your symptoms could be much worse than any exam!

Good luck!

Old 08-30-2002, 08:04 PM   #7
    ubie42

ubie42 HB User
    Red face

wow! I just signed up to this message board in search of exactly what you have described. You described EXACTLY what I have experienced in the past couple of years. The only difference is that I am 33yrs old. I just had a recent bowl movement where a lot of blood was present. I am scared to death, especially now that I know my grandfather died of colon cancer. I am going to get checked out as soon as I can. I have 2 kids age 5 and 2. I am scared...

Closed Thread