It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• For Sara and colonics

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-08-2002, 04:29 PM   #1
    Spirit

Spirit HB User
    Question For Sara and colonics

I had my third colonic and since the last one I have felt pressure on the right side between bottom of rib and straight down. I told her about this-she said she was not getting much stool out. I do have an ileovalve problem and have been rubbing that was wondering if that was it. She also said she is getting alot of mucus and acid. I have felt like my colon is irritated and burning like today or inflamed.Or maybe it is stool I don't know. I had one small stool this morning and later a bunch of small narrow stool. Right after the colonic I passed mucus with a little blood she told me this was nothing to worry about. It could be from my internal hemmorid. I did go to my doc about this pressure and she acted like it was nothing. I just feel like movements won't go to the left and out-doc did not feel any impaction. I have also had some narrow stool. Could this colonic of done something? I have also been belching constantly can colonics do that? This weird pressure feeling has me worried-don't know if it is bowel or not-but she said she did not get alot out of me. I am also bloated and a little hard around belly button. When I rub these areas stool comes out. Help Please!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2002, 04:30 AM   #2
    Super Sarah

Talking

If you have been constipated for a long time, then it is very likely that you have hemarrhoids, so that may be the reason why you passed mucus and blood in the toilet after your colonic.

No, it would not have done anything bad except clear you out. It is possible that you still have stool high up in your belly and that is why you are feeling the pressure. Also, you did say that when you rub your belly, that you are able to open your bowels and you pass stools. Well, this probably means that you were backed up with stools and more needs to come out.

Keep rubbing/massaging your belly. It is good to do this and can help dislodge areas of gas and is really good at helping if you have belly ache a lot. It also helps the muscles in your belly to relax and can help the peristaltic action and that is why you are passing good amounts of stool too. You can try rubbing your belly whilst sitting on the toilet to help too.

Are you taking Acidophilus caps/probiotics as I suggested before? If so, you really need to, as this will re-balance your gut flora. I used to take them twice daily, but now take them once a day. You should definitely be taking them twice daily and it should really help with any belching and gas that you have. By re-balancing the good bacteria you could also have better bowel movements.

Old 11-09-2002, 04:40 AM   #3
    Spirit

Spirit HB User
    Thank you for your help. I am taking priobiotics. Can you recomend a brand of acidolfilus please.

Old 11-09-2002, 08:41 AM   #4
    Super Sarah

Talking

You can get a brand from Walmart that is a probiotic supplement that contains Lactobacillus and Bifidus. Both of those should help your stomach.

Old 11-09-2002, 12:10 PM   #5
    Spirit

Spirit HB User
    Thank you-I think i forgot to mention all the gas and gurgling the pressure is up under right rib too. What do I do for a ileovalve problem when I drop to many nowel movements this valve sticks. I am worried it may be my gallbladder but doc was not very helpful.

Old 11-11-2002, 05:38 PM   #6
    Spirit

Spirit HB User
    Hi-am sorry to bother you again-I am slowly increasing my fiber and have been on a priobiotic. I am really gassy intestinal burning thing going on-a movement came down and sorry I had to dig it out. Than I drank some peppermint/ginger tea for the gas than I passed small diarrehea and gas. Than I tried a dgl and another priobiotic and out came a pencil thin movement. I am worried. Have been nauseated today.

Old 11-12-2002, 03:36 AM   #7
    Super Sarah

Talking

Continue with the probiotics, as these will help the gas and take the fiber and plenty of water to help with your bowel movements.

Depending on whether you are constipated or have diarrhea you could also take magnesium and calcium supplements too.

Also, ensure you get enough exercise as this helps the peristaltic action of the gut.

As for your upper stomach pain, this could be due to constipation, but you could have a gallbladder problem too. It may not be gallstones, but you could have an inflammation that is causing the pain. You could go back to your doc and ask for a scan of your belly to check this out.

Old 11-18-2002, 07:13 PM   #8
    star_light221
    (female)

star_light221 HB User
    i too suffer pain in my upper right rib feels like its in liver it seems to spasm and that air is trapped in there.i get the dry heaves from it and its very sore in that area sometimes it feels like my diaphram is spasming

Closed Thread