It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

I've been having a constipation problem for years, and nothing is working anymore!!!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2004, 03:04 PM   #1
Jess75
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Thumbs down I've been having a constipation problem for years, and nothing is working anymore!!!!

Hi, I'm new to the Bowl disorder boards by the way.
I think I need to see my doctor about this cause it's so frustrating. Anyways, I always seemed to have a problem with bowl regularity, for as long as I can remember. I'm 28 years old, eat 4-5 servings of fruits and veggies a day, added flaxseeds, eat beansoup all the time, oatmeal, and I'M STILL HAVING PROBLEMS!!! My granfather had this problem too, and my mother currently has it, which leads me to believe that this may be genetic. Anyways, metamucil does CRAP, this herb I bought called Triphala worked at first but now it doesn't. I drink water all day, cut out soday and I'm still having problems. My diet is very high in fiber so I'd like to know if there is somebody who can shed some light and maybe recommend a good product that won't kill my stomach and have me going to the bathroom all night. THanks!

Last edited by Jess75; 12-15-2004 at 03:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2004, 10:45 PM   #2
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: I've been having a constipation problem for years, and nothing is working anymore!!!!

Can you drink coffee or have milk?

Coffee increases peristalsis. That could help.

Another possibility is to switch from Metamucil to Citrucel. Start slowly and maybe that's the right product for you.

It could be that your diet is tooo high in fibre? What about adding raw almonds and walnuts to your diet?

What kind of works for me is to increase vitamin C. I use a vitamin C powder. Ester C does a nice job.

some suggestions,
quincy

Old 12-15-2004, 11:01 PM   #3
kerry1
Inactive

kerry1 HB User
Re: I've been having a constipation problem for years, and nothing is working anymore!!!!

Please read my post under "really bad constipation and Metamucil" - I gave several suggestions, all of which worked for me REALLY WELL. I had this problem for about 20 years and it ruined my life, until I tried those things. I've been fine for the last 22 years.

Old 12-16-2004, 03:37 PM   #4
Jess75
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry1
Please read my post under "really bad constipation and Metamucil" - I gave several suggestions, all of which worked for me REALLY WELL. I had this problem for about 20 years and it ruined my life, until I tried those things. I've been fine for the last 22 years.
Cool I will read that right now. THanks Quincey and Kerry!

Old 12-17-2004, 06:07 PM   #5
cowgirls
(female)

cowgirls HB User

Have you tried Zelnorm it is the new RX drug didnt work for me but some people it has I had severe constipation so bad that i just had my entire colon removed my bowel wasnt working anymore. It is so weird to go to the bathroom everyday hehe
Watch out for those herbal things most contain some type of laxative and those are bad. Good luck
cowgirls

Old 12-17-2004, 08:09 PM   #6
chigs489
Senior Veteran
(male)

chigs489 HB User
Re: I've been having a constipation problem for years, and nothing is working anymore

Rich food makes me go in a big way. Garlic is a muscle-relaxent, and gets things going.

I can almost guarantee that a meal consisting of Pasta with Pesto sauce, garlic bread, red wine, topped off with some ice cream will have you in the toilet within hours. If not, I'd be really surprised.

Sometimes eating TOO healthy can get our system out of whack.

Closed Thread