It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

I have a question if someone can answer.......

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2004, 02:54 PM   #1
joe28paws
Inactive

joe28paws HB User
Red face I have a question if someone can answer.......

My father has been having some symptoms with his bowel if someone here can tell me what they think it is, I think I know what it is but need another opinion.

He has been having alot of pain in his left lower back almost like spasms he says sometimes they are so bad he feels like he is going to throw up.

He says that he has been on the toilet alot lately with alot of bowel movements and he says that about 15 minutes after the bowel movement it feels so much better, he says that the pain is worse in the morning than in the afternoon and night.

He says his bowel movements aren't really soft but when he stands up and looks in the bowl his feces looks like it is flaky, I don't know what he means by that.

He says that he has good days where it doesn't hurt and other days he just doesn't want to walk or do much exercise.

I feel so bad he has never ever complained about a thing in his life.

Thanks,
JC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2004, 08:42 PM   #2
twisten
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User
Re: I have a question if someone can answer.......

The symptoms you've described could be from a lot of things. My advice would be to see a doc if he hasn't already. The pain in his back makes me think it could be kidney stones. I know what he means by flaky!! I tried explaining it to a doc one time and totally baffled him. Does he have any other symptoms?

Old 12-20-2004, 08:57 PM   #3
MrOwl
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User
Re: I have a question if someone can answer.......

Hi, I would have him see a doctor and take a stool sample with him.

Closed Thread