It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Hemorrhoid Surgery

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2005, 06:22 AM   #1
reevesfarm
(female)

reevesfarm HB User
Exclamation Hemorrhoid Surgery

If you have hemorrhoids see a DR. If he advises surgery do it. I suffered for 10 years because I was scared and because I hoped they would get better, I am 33 now. I had a spinal and was groggy but alert during the procedure, for appoximatly 1 hour after I felt the urge to have a bm and urinate, this was a side effect of the swelling from the novicane. I was in a car on my way home less than 2 hours after I got there with a prescription for a demerol/phenergan capsule and valium. He said that the valium was to help with the muscle spasms, and it did.
Things you should know:
1. Use the Ice pack use the ice pack, use the ice pack, use the ice pack, keep one in the freezer and one on your bottom (frozen peas are great)
2. If you drink coffee make sure that your pain meds kick in before the coffee
3. Have some kind of wet wipe for after the bm, I used preparation H (they are flushable)
4. Ladies, if you have trouble urinating, try standing over the toilet in a "ski position" (slightly bent knees and lean forward)
5. I found that a hot bath after a BM was very effective at releaving any discomfort.

During my surgery the Dr. discovered polyps, I have to go back in 2 months to have a colonoscopy. At 33 I am pretty sure that I would not have a one done for about 20 years, that would have been 20 years of them growing and doing God knows what, so how lucky am I.

Last edited by reevesfarm; 01-10-2005 at 07:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread