It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Just had haemorrhoidectomyon Monday night....

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2005, 03:31 PM   #1
clartyarze

clartyarze HB User
Just had haemorrhoidectomyon Monday night....

...to be truthful it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. I had an epidural & the anaesthetist gave me something to get some ZZZZZs too. If this is as bad as the pain gets then I wish I'd done it years ago (every medical person I spoke to previously dissuaded me with a sharp intake of breath "not nice" etc)

I've got some discomfort especially when going going to the toilet (...OUCH!), but what is alarming me, is that when I have a bath afterwards to clean the wound, I can feel what seems to me like tiny/mini piles around the anus. when I'm walking around it's the same feeling I had when I had sore piles too. Could the surgeon have stuffed up & not removed them properly?

Now that would annoy me...all the anxiety & diiscomfort & the end result ias that I end up with smaller piles than what I went in with.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2005, 04:09 PM   #2
goldenwings
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Re: Just had haemorrhoidectomyon Monday night....

Hiya clarty,

Glad you're doing ok. What you might have is skin tags. They are not usually hardish, but soft like loose skin as the name indicates. When you think of the procedure -- erm -- you know what I mean, things are turned a little inside out for the surgery. They don't sound like piles. Sound like a bit of excess skin.

I can understand your annoyance after what you've been through, but it is only recently that you had the operation. If you can put up with it for a little while longer and they don't go back where they belong, go back to your doctor. The thing is if they are still bothering you a bit later on, they can be surgically removed. If you can go through that again that's ok, but if you think you can put up with them once the soreness of the operation has diminished then that might be the better option for you.

I hope things improve for you soon.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 01-13-2005 at 04:18 PM.

Closed Thread