It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

i'm only 32

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2005, 08:46 AM   #1
springman
(male)

springman HB User
i'm only 32

hi, i'm male 32 and in the last 6 moths i have had bowel problems symptoms are as follows: pressure on bladder, pain left side, pebble and ribbon shaped poo, consterpaition and a feeling as if i have not finished. I eat a hi fibre diet but do not eat much fruit or drink much water , i do drink plenty of OJ but. Would like to get regular again and start having larger bm's. Can somebody please tell me how i go about retraining my colon?

Last edited by springman; 01-16-2005 at 08:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2005, 09:04 AM   #2
Dtownstew
Inactive
(male)

Dtownstew HB User
Re: i'm only 32

Hi Buddy,
I get that way too since I don't think I drink enough water. When you eat enough fiber and don't consume enough water, it tends to constipate you. I am no doc., but if you want something to help you go at least for now, I would try a glyceirn suppository. They sound bad, but work much better than the pillls. I buy the store brand. All you have to do with them is make sure you put it in as far as you can. Than just wait until you can hardly hold anymore. Just a thought, if you are feelign full and bloated right now. Drop me a line back and let me know what you think.

Old 01-16-2005, 02:42 PM   #3
springman
(male)

springman HB User

Thanks for replying so promptly. I think this must be due to a lack of water consumption and going to try and make every efffort to consume more. Some of my other symptoms are that i have developed hemroids from pushing and straining so hard, they are hugh and now pop out every time i want a bm. I have been taking psyllium husk as a stool softner with my cereal each morning(recommended by my doctor) but i'm its been about 3 months since of had the perfect bm thats brown and thick they are all thin or pebble like. i'm starting to think there something serious wrong with me. Do you suffer from the same problems?

Old 01-16-2005, 09:45 PM   #4
CDauthier
Inactive

CDauthier HB User

Springman, Diverticulitis is a possibility..."pain on left side, pressure on bladder, etc.". You might want to have a colonoscopy done if you are worried. Cathy

Old 01-17-2005, 10:45 AM   #5
auntjudyg
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Pebble poop is the one symptom I did have of diverticulosis.

BTW, personally, I find grains a very irritating way to get fiber. I get most of mine from veggies, legumes and some fruits.

Old 01-17-2005, 02:37 PM   #6
veggie girl
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

It HAS to be the lack of water. Think about it, if you had a clogged sink, how would you clear it?? With water!! Also, imagine your stomach as a long rubber tube, its very easy for all that food to get stuck or trapped if its dry and trying to get from one end to another.

You MUST - before going to bed - drink a whole glass of water to lubricate what is already there and the second you wake drink another whole glass of water to get things moving. I know drinking water sucks - I hate it too - but it truely is the only way to get things moving.

Also the pebble thing, I just read a book called You are what you eat (McKeith) and she says that pebbly poop is due to a congested liver and recommended psyllium and milk thistle. Also, she recommends 2 tbsp of lecithin granuels on your cereal. She says the thin stools - like you described - is your "colon screaming out for help! Please clean me" and recommends a colonic or enema, doing a one or two day detox and lots of fruit and veg.

Old 01-17-2005, 03:44 PM   #7
mlgable
Inactive

mlgable HB User

Since you have had a change in your bowel habits you need to get this checked out by the doc. Make an appointment with the doc and have him evaluate this to be sure nothing major is going on.

Old 01-17-2005, 10:07 PM   #8
CDauthier
Inactive

CDauthier HB User

Springman, I strongly agree with mlgable. Get checked out by a doctor. Your symptoms from your 1st post are classic diverticulitis symptoms. And if I may offer another piece of advice: Your posting "im only 32" reminded me of when my husband's doctor told him years ago to add a fiber to his diet daily as he was having bowel problems...he was about your age and laughed at the suggestion because he "was only 30". Well, ask him today and he'll tell you quick. If he had followed the doc's advice years ago, he wouldn't be in the shape, colon wise, as he's in today! So, WHEN (I started to say if) you go get checked, follow doc's advice! Diverticulitis is not the end of the world but can be serious if not treated. And, if it's nothing but needing to add fiber to your diet, all the better. Good luck! Cathy

Old 01-22-2005, 01:13 AM   #9
Dtownstew
Inactive
(male)

Dtownstew HB User

Springman

I do suffer the same problems at times. I find it is constipation for me. After I take the laxative though, it clears up and is good for a while. I use glyceirn suppositories. They sound bad, but work well and quick for me, and they seem to put me back into regularity....as least for a week or so. Let me know if you think they might help you too.

-Matt

Closed Thread