It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

diarrhea, gurgling, nausea...help!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
greenmyst
(male)

greenmyst HB User
Red face diarrhea, gurgling, nausea...help!

Hello

I am hoping somebody on here can help me figure out what is wrong with me and what to do next. I have been having nausea on and off for 2 years. I have been diagnosed with GERD and gastritis, more than likely from all the medications I take, especially loads of antibiotics for lyme disease.
I have hemorrhoids too, and just had them banded 2 weeks ago.

My pain keeps getting worse and on Tuesday I got a 103 fever with chills and nausea real bad vomiting, and the past 3 weeks have been diarrhea or very soft near diarrhea stools. I went to the ER and they hydrated me, gave me compazine which did nothing, and sent me home telling me I have a virus.
I dont belive them because I have been having nausea for 2 years. They gave me phenergan and I slept for 28 hours straight and am still weak, and having diarrhea and have not eaten solid food. i am taking gatorade and liquids, chicken broth etc.

I am awaiting my stool cultures. All my bloodwork was normal.
In the past year I did test positive for h.pylori. I did treatment for it and it did help initially, and I felt better. Then it came back, or was never gone and I did treatment again..prevpak plus prevacid, also tried carafate. Also did Helidac flagyl + tetracycline +pepto, and also tried mastic. Did nothing.

Right now i really just want to know what is wrong with me. Could this be Crohn's, or a virus? Something else?

help! Thank you in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2005, 05:04 PM   #2
Amluz
(female)

Amluz HB User
Re: diarrhea, gurgling, nausea...help!

Greenmist,
Have you been to a gastroenterologist? Have they mentioned IBS-D? I have the same problem you have. I suffer from GERD, hiatal hernia, IBS-D and gastroparesis. My nausea and diarrhea are part of my daily routine. I wake up in the morning with nausea (like the morning sickness). I know exactly how you feel. What kind of tests have you had done?
God Bless!

Old 01-22-2005, 06:07 PM   #3
greenmyst
(male)

greenmyst HB User

Thank you. I have had a upper endoscopy, showing gastritis, a 24 hour pH study showing GERD, a gastric emptying study (normal)
I still have diarrhea and now tellow stringy mucus in my stool, looks like fish eggs in a colony.

I just hope its an infection of some sort and not Crohns.
I did test + for citrobacter fruendii, but all my stool and blood cultures were normal. HELP!

Old 01-23-2005, 04:36 AM   #4
kiki lou

kiki lou HB User

Citrobacter is a nasty, nasty bug. You need MASSIVE doses of probiotics--I mean hundreds of billions of cfu's daily.

kiki

Old 01-23-2005, 07:39 PM   #5
greenmyst
(male)

greenmyst HB User
Question Re: diarrhea, gurgling, nausea...help!

Kiki lou,

Thank you. You are the only person who sound slike you know about this. Did you have it? Do you think this can explain my pain? I now have fevers, chills and vomiting, went to the ER and they of course say its a virus.

I tested positive for this bug Cirobacter fruendii. Its the only thing to show up positive in all my testing. I had the test called a Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis done from Great Smokies lab. This citrobacter fruendii tested at level 4+ and is listed as a possible pathogen. I guess they are normally occurring in the GI tract but can overgrow and cause problems.

My problems are diarrhea, foamy, mucus-like stools, abdominal pain, massive nausea, and lately vomiting and fevers too.

I went to the ER with a 104 fever and they found nothing in the stool tests or blood tests and sent me home saying it was a VIRUS. Slept for 2 days because they gave me compazine and phenergan(both did nothing), still feel like hell, and now the fever is back 101 and have to keep pounding the tylenol. Have not eaten solid food in one week. Total liquid diet and jello and gatorade.

My doc who ordered the great smokies test put me on Septra (antibiotic) for 10 days for this. I am two days into it.

I have been nauseated and gaving GI problems for months...could this bug be doing it? Anyone with any experience please let me know. Thanks. I will start taking acidophilus right away. I have Jarro-dophilus, I will take extra.

Old 03-31-2005, 03:42 AM   #6
vonee
(female)

vonee HB User
Lightbulb Re: diarrhea, gurgling, nausea...help!

First time I went to the ER I had had a fever of 104 for 5 days! Had been really sick with diarhea for a month and lost crazy weight! I put off going to the doc cause I hate all the co-pays. They did a work up on me, told me I had a bacteria infection in my colon, got my fever down and sent me home. 2 days later I went to my regular doc, he took one look at me and sent me straight to the hospital. Was there for 11 days diagnosed with chron's disease and ulceritive colitis. Wow! Scarey, but being treated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread