It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Could anal pain be related to yeast infection?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-21-2005, 07:39 PM   #1
    chenete
    (female)

chenete HB User
    Question Could anal pain be related to yeast infection?

Has anyone had any experience with this situation?
    About 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with a yeast infection. I took (or rather, applied) the prescription treatment for the full 5 days and it seemed all was well. About a week later, I had a very, very hard bm and when I wiped there was bright red blood on the tissue. I wiped again, this time in the anal area only and still the blood. Then I looked into the bowl and it was full of blood. The blood in the stools havent occurred since then however whenever I have a bm or even urinate it burns in that area. I used a mirror to look down there to see if I could see anything and I saw that on the area that separates the vaginal from the anal area there appeared to be 2 pink lines, like cuts, on that area. These last few days I havent any blood in my stools but the burning sensation seems to be getting worse-sometimes I have to sit a certain way as not to irritate the area more. The only thing with my diet that has changed was that prior to getting the yeast infection I was doing really well with the water intake and getting at least 20g fiber per day (I had just started a weight loss program) but these last 2 weeks I had slacked off with the fiber. Could that be the problem or can yeast infections spread to the anal area? I was trying to wait until I talk to my doctor next week about some other test results, thinking that maybe the situation would clear up on its own, but I guess this is what I get for proscatinating. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread