It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Help! I am having trouble with my bowels.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2005, 09:32 PM   #1
dyanblue
(female)

dyanblue HB User
Help! I am having trouble with my bowels.

hello

I am 34 years old and have been having bowel problems for about 8 months it started around the second week of june i started getting dirreha then in august i got constipated I started taking fiber con it helped a little bit then in my symptoms are constipation the stool is not hard though it soft, when i am going great its normal sized when i feel like i am constipated i get to where i can not hardly pass gas and the stool is thin and soft, I have had blood a couple of times but i have hemmroids since 1994. my bowels worked great for about two months but now they are going slow again, thin, soft and they just feel like they will not move, They do seem to lock up when I am worried but they also do that when i don't feel worried. I really am making myself sick what could be wrong with me, oh yeah if i get really nervous my bowels will run. What i am afraid of is i was addicted to Pain pills for about 5 years and stayed constipated all the time, could i have hurt my bowels i quit those pill alomost 15 months ago and the trouble started about 6 months later. thanks alot

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2005, 04:54 AM   #2
MrOwl
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User
Re: Help! I am having trouble with my bowels.

Well, I agree with you that the worry has a lot to do with it. Worry can affect you either way - loose or constipated. Any sort of tension can be a problem. If you had two months of normal bowel movements then you are probably ok mechanically. The tension can lead to ulcers in the bowels and other problems. We are whole people and every part of us affects every other part of us. Relax and enjoy life.

Old 01-23-2005, 07:03 PM   #3
dyanblue
(female)

dyanblue HB User
Re: Help! I am having trouble with my bowels.

Hello

thanks for your help, I went to the GI docter last week and he is doing a colonscopy, all kinds of other tests.

Closed Thread