It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Anal "protrusion" - what is it?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2005, 01:52 PM   #1
unruhe
(female)

unruhe HB User
Anal "protrusion" - what is it?

After a BM, I go to wipe and feel a little "protrustion" in that area. After a second or two, it goes back in. I only notice this after a BM. It doesn't hurt at all. No blood, no difficulty passing stools. I looked up the usual things: fissures, fistula, etc...and it doesn't sound like those.

Is it a hemmoroid? I thought they were painful and this is not. In a possibly related note, I do think I have constipation (hard pellets, not feeling evacuated, straining, though I try not to).

Thanks for any responses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2005, 02:35 AM   #2
Tiffrose
Inactive

Tiffrose HB User
Re: Anal "protrusion" - what is it?

probably a hemmoroid. my wife had a pack of them after her pregnancy. they don't have to hurt. i you start to get real constipated they can get inflamed. they will pop out as well. some are internal. good luck and eat lots of fiber with water chasers. lots of water.

Old 01-25-2005, 06:20 AM   #3
unruhe
(female)

unruhe HB User

Tiffrose,

Hopefully you're right and it's just a hemmoroid. I think I've had them before from straining too much. I read up on prolapse - just horrible! I don't think it's that. If it is, it's only a tiniest amount coming out.

Does an internal hemmoroid go away ever? Thanks for your response!

Old 02-03-2005, 03:13 PM   #4
spiritedeye
(female)

spiritedeye HB User

Hiya.

Don't know if you'll reply to this as it's been a while since you posted. I have the exact same thing, and I'm pretty sure it's a minor external pile. I don't have any pain or bleeding and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I can only feel a small soft lump when I have a bowel movement, and then it goes back down within seconds. I never had anything like this until I started college, and my classes are very long, which means I can't go when I need to. It's been there for some time, and it hasn't got any worse or any bigger.

I also read on a site that minor external piles don't have any symptoms, and you can only feel a lump during bowel movements. It definitely doesn't match symptoms for anything else you can get down there! A nurse on another site I posted on said it sounded like that as well, and she said to increase my fibre intake, drink plenty of water and avoid constipation.

Old 02-04-2005, 06:36 AM   #5
unruhe
(female)

unruhe HB User

Spiritedeye,

You're right, this "thing" doesn't really match any any of the other possible problems I researched.

Did the nurse you emailed with ever mention if this thing goes away? Thankfully, like you said, it doesn't hurt and hasn't gotten bigger.

Doing the research, some of the things I read about sound horrifying! I totally sympathize with anyone who is having worse problems.

Thanks fo your response, I'll check into the externial pile.

Old 02-04-2005, 12:16 PM   #6
spiritedeye
(female)

spiritedeye HB User

She didn't say anything about that, although I did ask, tut. From what I've read, piles don't go on there own, you can only keep them under control by avoiding constipation. My mum said she had an external pile when she was pregnant, and it felt bigger during a bowel movement. Hers disappeared though. Apparantely, if you get piles because of pregnancy, it's only a temporary thing. *cries* lol.

Closed Thread