It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

I don't know whats wrong with me...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2005, 08:57 PM   #1
lky
(female)

lky HB User
Unhappy I don't know whats wrong with me...

Today i found blood in my faeces... Ive never seen it before... It was like having my period, but through my butt... but it wasnt like HEAPS of it or anything. i then looked it up through a search and found out that it could be an idication of bowel cancer. HUH!!!! but im only 19 though...! it said that there is higher risk of bowel cancer when you age, predominantly in the 50's. but im only NINETEEN! if anyone could answer what is wrong with me it would be very much appreciated. i sure hope its something else....

LKY

Last edited by Administrator; 03-04-2005 at 09:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2005, 09:02 PM   #2
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: I don't know whats wrong with me...

You may have a hemorrhoid or a fissure!!
But any time you have rectal bleeding it needs to be checked out by a Doctor---

Old 02-06-2005, 09:02 PM   #3
JenniferB123
(female)

JenniferB123 HB User

It could just be hemarroids or a fissure. It is rare in young people but can still happen. Anytime you there is blood, it should be checked out by the doctor.

Old 02-06-2005, 09:31 PM   #4
lky
(female)

lky HB User

oh... hmm... but what are they? haemorrhoids and fissures...? thanks for replying so promptly.

Old 02-06-2005, 10:00 PM   #5
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Lightbulb Re: I don't know whats wrong with me...

A hemorrhoid is like a vein that has lost it's elastisity and readily bleeds and a fissure is a crack or tear in your anus.

Both can be caused by constipation!!

Last edited by Harry; 02-07-2005 at 07:34 AM.

Old 02-07-2005, 05:25 PM   #6
lky
(female)

lky HB User

ohhh...!!!! well i wouldnt know if i have a hemorrhoid and i have had fissures before, but this time round it didnt seem like a fissure, seemed like more blood then times when ive had fissures, plus i wasnt constipated either when i found the blood.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:27 PM   #7
cooperclc
(male)

cooperclc HB User
Thumbs up Re: I don't know whats wrong with me...

mine first happend to me when I was 16. but if it is an anal fissures you will most likely have to have surgery, it could also be hemeroids that are getting infected. don't be embaraced go see a doctor and take it from there.

good luck

Old 02-07-2005, 08:29 PM   #8
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Angry Re: I don't know whats wrong with me...

Ike,
There are many things that cause a person to get hemorrhoids. Prolong standing,sitting on cold concrete, heavy lifting, constipation to name a few!!

I think you need to get it checked out by a Doctor and get a diagnosis!!!

I wish you well---

Last edited by Harry; 02-08-2005 at 10:33 AM.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:01 AM   #9
chocolate_dtown
(female)

chocolate_dtown HB User

I THINK THAT IT MAY BE ANAL FISSURES..I THINK THAT IS WHAT I HAVE CAUSE i AM 19 AS WELL AND EXPERIENCING THE SAME THING AND I WAS CONSTIPATED AND WAS ALSO WORRIED LIKE HELL ABOUT CANCER BUT I LOOKED IT UP AND IT SAID THAT IT IS UNCOMMON IN TEENS. ALSO, THE SYMPTOMS THAT I EXPERIENCE SUCH AS THE ONES THAT YOU ARE DESCRIBING ARE SIGNS OF ANAL FISSURES. MY BLEEDING STARTED AFTER SOME INTIMATE ANAL ACTIVITY. IT STARTED AND PRECISE FOR LIKE 5-7 DAYS AND THEN STOPED. THEN STARTED AGAIN WHEN I WAS INTIMATE WITH MY MAN AGAIN AND IT IS BLEEDING AGAIN..SO DONT WORRY!! BUT I DO SUGGEST THAT U STILL GO TO SEE A DOCTOR TO BE SAFE. BYE

Old 02-08-2005, 06:46 PM   #10
lky
(female)

lky HB User

well, thank you to everyone who replied so promptly and informatively. its actually gone away today.... but i shall go get it checked out. thank you all again!

lky

Closed Thread