It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• small intestine (bowel) cancer questions???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-03-2005, 06:06 PM   #1
    dizzyhead

dizzyhead HB User
    small intestine (bowel) cancer questions???

I was wondering if someone can give me advice and can reassure me. If i had an endoscopy and a colonoscopy and they both came back without any malignancy (cancer) but with some moderate inflamation showing on the colonoscopy, is it possible to still have small intestine cancer or small bowel cancer???

my symptoms are:
    Pain in the abdomen
    blood in stools or diaherrea
    nausea
    stomach gurguling and woshing sounds
    gas
    back pain
    no apettite
    wieght loss

My doctor wants me to do some more testeing such as small bowel series, gluten sensitivity panel and ibd testing due to the colonoscopy saying that there is some mild to moderate inflamation, so i am confused beacuse i thought when the dotor told me that my colonoscopy and endoscopy didn't show any malignancy and they were pretty much normal that also included the small intestine, but i guess i was wrong i am so scared and worried of this kind of cancer showing up on these other tests that they want me to do next

I am still having some GI issues and am very affraid of something major possibly showing up on these other tests that she wants me to get done.

Should i still be worried about cancer?

Thanks!

MC.

Last edited by dizzyhead; 04-04-2005 at 01:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #2
    mudhound
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

mudhound HB User
    Re: small intestine (bowel) cancer questions???

I understand your concern. However, take the test. My dad found out he had cancer when it was very small. He's was prostrate cancer. That was about 10 years ago. No cancer as of today! Praise.

Mudhound

Old 04-04-2005, 03:40 AM   #3
    Sunlover
    Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

The inflamation could be anything, if they said it didn't show cancer, then you can pretty much rule that out I would think. Could be Crone's, Colitis, etc. Or just plain old irritation from a food allergy. I'd definitely get the other tests done, get it all over with, put your mind at ease and get on your road to recovery.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:11 AM   #4
    fifistoosh
    (female)

fifistoosh HB User

Don't worry until you have to, take it from me I was an expert worrier, now I just act quickly and keep a level cool head, it is easy when you try. Go on have a go!
    You didn't say what your symptoms were for the reason you had the tests.
    I have colitus, my friend has coeliac disease, we both had the tests, both had inflamed bowel and both didn't have cancer.

Don't worry about cancer until you are told its that, you will worry enough then.

Closed Thread