It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• how do you go to bathroom with hemmroids....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-07-2005, 03:13 PM   #1
    nedfrin
    (male)

nedfrin HB User
    how do you go to bathroom with hemmroids....

how do you go to bathroom with hemmroids...... only way i can is if i take milk of magnesia... Any help appreciated..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2005, 04:14 PM   #2
    FireWoman

FireWoman HB User
    Re: how do you go to bathroom with hemmroids....

I am the same way - milk of mag, and I know a couple of other people who have to do it this way as well. Soluable fiber supplements are not enough to keep my bowels soft enough to not affect my hemms. How much Milk of mag do you take a day? I take 1 tsp every night.

Dana

Old 04-07-2005, 06:23 PM   #3
    nedfrin
    (male)

nedfrin HB User

i took 4 tablespoons when i got home from school; i havent gone to the bathroom since saturday... which was the last time i took milk of mag...

i cant live like this.

Last edited by nedfrin; 04-07-2005 at 06:24 PM.

Old 04-07-2005, 08:39 PM   #4
    FireWoman

FireWoman HB User

I know it's tough. There have been MANY times were I have said the same thing but I have found some comfort in knowing that I am not alone. So many of us just can not have a bowel movement without the aid of a non-stimulative laxative like milk of mag. Like I said, I have a good friend who has to take it every day to be able to have a soft BM. SHe has to keep them soft because she has a terrible fissure and painful hemorrhoids. If she even has 1 semi-hard BM, she re-opens the fissure and then has to start the healing process all over again. She just has resigned herself to the fact that everyone who suffers from constipation has there own little tricks or potions that help them go and this is just one of hers. Her doctor said that since it is non-stimulating, it will not cause addiction. I have heard mixed reviews on this, but hey, if it makes you go without cramping and diarrhea, then do what you have to do. Of course, I would only advocate this if you have exhausted every other way (flax seeds, a soluable fiber supplement, high fiber foods, magnesium supplements).

I know that it can be very frustrating but please know that you are not alone in this one. Many many many of us suffer from the same affliction. I actually take some comfort in that knowledge. Whenever I am having a bad tummy day, I think about all of the other people who are suffering as well and it makes me feel like I am not alone. Unfortunately, we all have our crosses to bear. If it wasn't irritating hemorrhoids and constipation, it would be something else. The key is in how we choose to dea with it. It has taken me a looooong time to come to that realization and I am still not 100% there yet. I have days were I suffer from severe depression over the whole thing and other days when I just resign myself to the fact that this is the card I was dealt so I deal with it the best way that I can.

If you need any more support, please let me know. I am here for you.

Dana

Old 04-07-2005, 10:09 PM   #5
    nedfrin
    (male)

nedfrin HB User

since im 17.. i cant go to normal GI doctors... i have to go to my pediatritian and thats an embaressment... Ideas?

Old 04-08-2005, 10:17 AM   #6
    FireWoman

FireWoman HB User

That's strange, you can't go to a GI because you are 17? Do you have to go to your pediatrician first and he refers you to a GI doc? Maybe that's how it works. Trust me, constipation and/or hemorrhoids are nothing to these doctors. They have seen it all. We have all been there. Our first visits were a bit embarassing, but before you know it, you will be talking about your butt problems like you were talking about doing the laundry. Hemorrhoids are sooo common. After I began talking about it with my friends, I found out that most of them suffer from them as well. Like I said before, these doctors have seen it all and are completely desensitized to things like hemorrhoids. It's really nothing to be embarrassed about. If you were only able to go to your pediatrician, then that is what I would do. She will be able to either refer you to a good GI doc, or will be able to write you a perscription for a cream or suppository to help shrink them down. I swear, once you take the first step to see a doc for your hemorrhoids, it becomes easier and easier to deal with it and before you know it, you will be like all of us, talking about our hemorrhoids like it was nothing. I mean, I am always going to see my colo-rectal surgean about mine and he's like "ok, turn over, let's give them a look". Really, it's nothing and they have seen it all abd then some.

In the meantime, just make sure that you are getting fiber in your diet through foods and/or a soluable fiber supplement like metamucil or citrucel. Or, if those don't work, take the milk of mag if that keeps everything soft and pain free.

Dana

Closed Thread