It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Really bad diarrhea...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-19-2005, 08:19 AM   #1
    megatron09
    (female)

megatron09 HB User
    Red face Really bad diarrhea...

Just wondering if anyone had any advice that could help me out. I just got back from a trip to the Dominican on Saturday, almost a week ago. I had a fine stomach the whole week we were there, no diarrhea or anything, but the day we left I started getting real bad pains in my stomach and then the diarrhea started. It's been a week now, and the diarrhea is only getting worst, Im up all hours of the night, I can't sit still for more than 10 minutes without having to go to the bathroom. I have this awful burning pain in the pit of my stomach and I dont know what the hell to eat without making me go to the bathroom anymore than I already do and I've lost about 10 pounds because I can't keep any food in. My doctors appointment is not until next week, so I'm wondering if anyone has any advice until then.
    Thanks so much.

Last edited by megatron09; 05-19-2005 at 08:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2005, 09:55 AM   #2
    CDauthier
    Inactive

CDauthier HB User
    Re: Really bad diarrhea...

Megatron,

Sounds like you might have picked up something at the Dominican. You said you've lost 10 pounds in a week and cannot keep anything in your stomach. If I were you, I'd call my doc back and insist you get in TODAY...if not, go to an ER. You can dehydrate if you haven't already....

My best to you,
    Cathy

Closed Thread