It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Bowel Discomfort

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2005, 08:06 AM   #1
mark73
(male)

mark73 HB User
Bowel Discomfort

Hi all .

Would just like some advice please .

I have had this problem for sometime now (4-5 Years) , I am constantly bloated around my lower ab area (24hr a day) to the point that i can look pregnant (i'm male so its quite distressing) this can be worse for around 4 - 7 days during this time my stools change to thin and yellowish in color with the accosional blood on the toilet paper when i wipe , bowel movement is every day but when my stomach is very bloated this can make me feel like i'm in need of a movment but i'm not i don't get any urges to head for the toilet .

My doc says its IBS has given me some kind of fiber drink but this didn't help at all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2005, 07:08 PM   #2
CDauthier
Inactive

CDauthier HB User
Re: Bowel Discomfort

Mark,

Have you had a colonoscopy? If not, it's a good idea...anytime you are having rectal bleeding it's good to go ahead and bite the bullet so to speak and get a colonoscopy done. Your remarks of looking pregnant reminds me of what nurse told husband years ago when he had diverticiulitis flare-ups. She said the men come in looking like they are pregnant when having flare-ups! IBS is normally a diagnosis after all other problems are eliminated. If you haven't had a colonoscopy, would definitely suggest you get one. It will put your mind at ease and also you will know exactly what you are dealing with after the colonoscopy.

Cathy

Closed Thread