It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Question about gurgling in stomach!!!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
Viclyn
(female)

Viclyn HB User
Unhappy Question about gurgling in stomach!!!!

I have another question. I didn't get any responses from my post "Lower Abdominal Discomfort", but hopefully someone can relate to this. For the last couple of weeks almost everytime I eat, no matter what it is, my stomach will rumble and gurgle for the longest time. It's really annoying and loud. A month or so ago my Dr. had me taking Diflucin everyday for a yeast infection she thought I might have had, although she did no tests. She wanted me to take this rx everyday for 3 mo. but after about a month I got totally frustrated and stopped because I felt I was not feeling any better and felt I was already taking so many meds as it was. I know that wasn't a good reason but anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what caused it? Any info would really be appreciated because as I sit here typing this my stomach sounds like it's going to explode!

Thanks for listening,
Viclyn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2005, 07:52 PM   #2
MzTami
(female)

MzTami HB User
Re: Question about gurgling in stomach!!!!

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution to the stomach noises. I too have these embarrassing noises and have had them for about 8 years. There is a long thread about stomach noises on the IBS board labeled "My Stomach is always growling 24/7" You can read it, but we have no solid solution.

Good Luck

Old 08-25-2005, 06:24 AM   #3
Viclyn
(female)

Viclyn HB User

Thanks MzTami,
I'll check the IBS board. I'm going to get something called Gas-X and see if that will help a little.

Thanks for replying!

Old 08-25-2005, 07:31 AM   #4
auntjudyg
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

One thing that helps some people with the stomach rumbling problem is practicing so-called food combining principles. In brief, it involves eating foods that are heavy in carbohydrates at separate meals from foods that are heavy in protein. In addition, fruits are eaten at separate from other foods.
So, no more meat and potatoes, spaghetti and meatballs, most sandwiches, etc. You can still eat everything, just not together. Plug food combining into a search engine and you will come up with a couple of sites that explain things a little more specifically.

Closed Thread