It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

bowel 1/2 constipated, 1/2 normal

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2005, 06:50 AM   #1
Jiveturkeys
(male)

Jiveturkeys HB User
bowel 1/2 constipated, 1/2 normal

Answer this one for me. I have been taking Lane Labs "H2GO" for a couple years now with great results. Its magnesium oxide that supposedly brings water to the colon, completely safe and non-habit forming. For someone that has battled constipation from the time they were very young, this pill has kept me constipated free for two years, up until here recently. The miracle pill and trying to eat decent has finally let me down and so I have started to break down and really start eating right and getting my fiber intake.

For breakfast I have been eating 1 1/2 cups of Go Lean with no milk, eating 5 prunes, 3 dates, 1 serving of Konsyl 6.0, and a fiber enriched yogurt. For lunch, I have been staying away from processed stuff and supper as well. No dairy or alot of meats. I have been on this regimine for the last week with great results. I am still taking the H2GO but 1/2 the dosage and trying to ween myself off of it. I thought I had it whipped

Heres the problem. Yesterday at lunch I had the perfect BM and this morning I woke up with a small urge to go, sat down, and my stool was very big and constipated for the first couple inches and then it was soft and normal after getting the first part out. How come this happens? I figured its the stool staying in the colon too long, but I never have the urge to empty until its gotten this way.

I'm starting to have my doubts about this whole 35 g of fiber intake deal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread