It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Help with bowel problems - horrible stomach noise when trying to go!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2005, 07:34 AM   #1
mambi
(female)

mambi HB User
Help with bowel problems - horrible stomach noise when trying to go!

Hi all

Around 5 months ago I got very sick and was diagnosed with giardia (they never did a test though, they just assumed) and was told to take 5 tablets with my dinner. Over the net few weeks I felt absolutely terrible (I think it was the side effects of the tablets?) and lost quite a bit of weight due to the loss of appetite.
Ever since then I haven't been able to "go" properly. In the first couple of months I didnt go at all without the help of a laxative but now I can go a little, but it is usually a weird colour and very sloppy (sorry to be so graphic!). I asked my doctor about it and he just said my body wasnt used to going and to just sit there for a while, so now I do, but when I try to force something out my stomach makes a really terrible gurgling noise. It happens every time I try to go. Now im getting itchy and sore down there as well and was wondering if this sounds like an infection? I heard that the giardia virus can stay in your body for a while but im not sure if this is it... sigh....
If anyone can help I would be so greatful.
Thanks...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread