It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Help for hemmeroids

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2005, 05:01 PM   #1
ggg123
(female)

ggg123 HB User
Help for hemmeroids

I have been suffering with hemmeroids since April after a round of Omincef antibotics gave me diaherria. I went to my PCP and she examined me (just the outside) and gave me hydrocortizone acetane suppostories and a referral to a gastrologist (sp), she did not see anything (duh, they are on the inside). My appt wasn't until the end of July. I continued to suffer with bowel movements-felt like glass and had some bleeding. In June, I went back to the dr for a different reason and begged for some Miralax. Having a soft bowel movement stopped the pain and the bleeding. Miralax caused bloating, so I started taking Senekot. One day I know one of them ruptured since the pain in that area stopped and I had a lot of blood. I continued taking the suppostories and fully expected the GI dr to examine me and give me some meds. Well, at my appt I was shocked that he did not even examine me and ordered a colonoscopy. He said he needed to rule out Chron's. But my problem all started with the diaherria from the antibotics.
I was desperate. I had been doing sitz baths, the suppositories, Prep-h, desitin, neosporin, and the stool softener. Nothing was making them leave.So
I went to my gyno for my annual exam and asked her take a look. She said yep, here is the hemmeroid right here. There finally a diagnosis!
I finally did some reasearch and will share with you now the ways I now have no problems.
1. Go to the store (vitamin/herb type store) and purchase a $6 of Rutin. Pure heaven. My external hem was a knot beside my anus and it left in three days. I also purchased chewable acidopholis pills for yeast, just in case I take one a day.
2. Go to Walgreens and purchase a tube of Freedhem. It is a black herbally type med. I was scared to use it internally like it suggested. So I put it on the outside. Go ahead and so it internally (not the whole tube if you are scared). I wish I would have done so sooner- my last hem was gone in two days. When yon insert it, just rub some prep-h or freedhem on the tip so it slides in.
3. I was doing warm sitz baths for the itching. Actually ICE helps so much more, it constricts. Get two ice cubes and sit on the toliet. Use your hand to hold the ice down there until you just can't stand it anymore.
4. Keep your stools soft. Everyone told me fiber and metimucil. Those cut me up and caused large stools that were hard to pass. My problem is not regularity but soft stools. I now everyday sprinkle some ground flaxseed on my eggs, or on a salad (I eat more cooked veggies than raw-easier to digest and don't cut the gut as much). Also fruit is better than raw veggies. They have more water and juice in them. I drink a glass of Pear juice everyday-Gerber baby juice brand.
5. Use some kind of moist wipe after a BM. Toliet paper can make you bleed. I use baby wipes.
6. Walk at least 15 minutes a day. Exercise keeps the gut moving and it won't get lazy.
I cancelled my colonoscopy and hope to continue my regiment so that I can stay pain free. Good luck and I hope some of these things help you too!
Jennifer

Last edited by ggg123; 08-30-2005 at 06:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2005, 02:50 PM   #2
lost4
(female)

lost4 HB User
Re: Help for hemmeroids

I know some people who have had hemmeroids and they say that sticking a garlic clove up your bum works. I know it sounds gross but these are women in their late 40s, who have had children and arent talking rubbish. They swear by it! lol try it and see if it works, or you can find out more info on it before you try it, just so that you know im not making a fool of you

Old 09-02-2005, 09:26 AM   #3
chigs489
Senior Veteran
(male)

chigs489 HB User
Re: Help for hemmeroids

remember that hemmroids don't "go away". They are simply protruding veins in the anus. When they flare up, you feel them, otherwise you never notice them.

They can be removed through surgery -but that's no fun.

I have a couple internal ones that bother me if I have a really hard BM. It is a reminder to keep things soft and regular. If I eat a salad every day, I'm usually good to go.

Closed Thread