It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

in distress...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2005, 03:41 PM   #1
Ruffian29
(female)

Ruffian29 HB User
in distress...

I'm not quite sure what to do here but for the last few months or so I'll get stomach pains, and feel the need to go to the bathroom. I've always had a minor problem with diarrhea once in awhile but this isn't like that, I'll end up needing to spend a LONG time in the bathroom, hours even. Eventually I'll feel good enough to lay down and fall asleep, and usually its better if i can sleep for awhile.
But I'm back at college now and I can't just take a nap whenever, and its embarrassing to need to spend that long in the bathroom here. I'm dreading it'll happen during class someday too. Plus, I ride horses so I spend a lot of time at the barn where a bathroom is not always available.
My primary care doctor is on vacation, and I dont know when I'll be able to make an apt with her anyways, since I'm only home on weekends.
Does anyone have any idea whats could help until then?
I dont think that I've had any major changes in my diet, and this comes about like once a week. Are their any vitamins that could help? Something I might not be getting enough of?

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

edited: i forgot to mention that its always very loose stool

Last edited by Ruffian29; 09-07-2005 at 03:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2005, 06:29 PM   #2
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: in distress...

I think taking a water soluble fiber supplement like Metamucil daily would help. Psyllium -- the active ingredient is a bowel regulator that bulks up your stool and makes you have regular BMs.

Also make sure that you drink enough water daily.

Old 09-11-2005, 08:48 PM   #3
Ruffian29
(female)

Ruffian29 HB User

Thanks Harry i'll pick some of that up tomorrow

Old 09-14-2005, 06:13 AM   #4
Ruffian29
(female)

Ruffian29 HB User

i got some metamusil, but should i be worried about the fact that it says it lowers colesterol? and should I only take one a day (i think that the bottle says 2-6)? Thanks

Old 09-14-2005, 06:30 AM   #5
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I would not worry about that so does Cherrios-- Metamucil is basically a water soluble fiber supplement. But, you have to work out how many does you need daily to bulk up you stooland make you regular.

Closed Thread