It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Bleeding from anus nonstop?!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2005, 02:14 PM   #1
Cassie4u22
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cassie4u22 HB User
Bleeding from anus nonstop?!

Today I noticed blood on my tissue paper after using the restroom. I thought it would go away, but now every hour or so I have been "checking" by wiping back there and there is still bright red blood EVERYTIME!! I am so scared! I took a mirror and examined myself down below, and I can see the bright red blood inside my anus, just kinda sitting there. The blood on the tissue paper is not a lot, but it is bright red and scaring me. It is not in my stool, just on the tissue!! HELP! Please! I am 20 years old and scared out of my mind!!!!! I already have a doc appt this thursday, but until then, does anyone have any words of advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2005, 02:42 PM   #2
RetiredDirector
Senior Veteran
(male)

RetiredDirector HB UserRetiredDirector HB User
Re: Bleeding from anus nonstop?!

Cassie...It is most likely an internal hemorrhoid. As long as the blood flow isn't too extensive, I wouldn't worry about it. It will most likely stop on it's own, but if it doesn't, go to a walk in clinic and see a doctor or nurse practioner. If you don't have clinics where you are, and the blood flow gets to be too much, there's always the hospital emergency room. Try not to worry about it, it should be ok.

Old 09-20-2005, 03:04 PM   #3
SRMom
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: Bleeding from anus nonstop?!

Cassie:

I agree with Director...don't panic. It's probably just a hemorrhoid or a little tear (fissure) from a hard bowel movement. These are really common, but do get checked if the bleeding is severe or doesn't stop.

Closed Thread