It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Yet another thread on hemorrhoids

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2005, 07:03 PM   #1
beshybee123
(female)

beshybee123 HB User
Yet another thread on hemorrhoids

I've read threw the past few pages and see that there have been a lot of posts made about hemorrhoids. Well, here is yet another one! I developed what I think are severe hemorrhoids Saturday night from what I thought was wearing extremely tight thong underwear. I have no idea if this actually causes hemorrhoids or maybe just irritates existing ones but all night I was starting to feel pain but didn't think much of it and couldn't do much about it because I was out at a bar with some friends. The next day the pain became unbearable and I looked at my rectal area and there was a huge lump. I've had hemorrhoids once before but they were not that big or painful and went away with sitz baths and green tea (I think I read somewhere that herbal tea helps). Anyway, I was up all night Sunday night with the pain, could not sleep, and even resorted to taking a bath at 2 in the morning. I ended up taking off from work today to go directly to the doctors (did not want to mess around with this one). The doctor barely glanced at it and said it was indeed a very large hemorrhoid and prescribed me suppositories to clear it up. I'm also taking some painkillers to help alleviate the pain. Now I'm sitting here doing my internet research on hemorrhoids and am learning that hemorrhoids aren't usually that painful unless they are thrombosed and that the treatments used for hemorrhoids don't work for thrombosed hemorrhoids. I also did some reading up on fissures and thought that maybe that's what I have. I don't think that my doctor thoroughly looked at my hemorrhoid and I'm worried that he might have misdiagnosed me. Does anyone have any idea what is the difference between a regular hemorrhoid, a thrombosed hemorrhoid and an anal fissure? Thanks so much. You're help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2005, 10:02 AM   #2
suzer1013
(female)

suzer1013 HB User
Re: Yet another thread on hemorrhoids

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by suzer1013; 08-28-2006 at 03:51 PM.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:50 PM   #3
beshybee123
(female)

beshybee123 HB User
Re: Yet another thread on hemorrhoids

Thank you suzer1013 for replying. Actually, the suppositories seem to be making my hemorrhoid shrink and the pain has definitely subsided tremendously so maybe it was just a regular hemorrhoid afterall. And I definitley learned my lesson as far as thong underwear goes! Long live granny panties! lol. Take care.

Closed Thread