It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Two Month's Worth of Diahhrea & Blood

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2005, 05:56 PM   #1
katalya
Inactive
(female)

katalya HB User
Question Two Month's Worth of Diahhrea & Blood

Hi there,

I am a 55 yr. old female, and have had medically diagnosed IBS (mainly diahhrea, but a few bouts of severe constipation) for 30 years, so have seen every variety of BM anyone could experience. Some almost white, some mucousy, some totally liquid, some huge around and dark. Has been difficult to be up and coming at work every day at 7 a.m.

Anyways, 6 weeks ago, I began having explosive diahhrea tinged with bright red blood on the 4th movement of every day. Each BM before and after does not have this happen.

I swore off doctors about 12 years ago after a malpractice incident following minor/elective surgery, where I was overdosed on anethesia, resulting in a hospitalization for chemical hepititis. Have just used urgent care since, for things like the flu or whatever.

I have good insurance thru work, but am scared of becoming a "guinny pig" again, and would like some feedback, if any would be kind enough to do so.

Thanks much!

katalya

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2005, 06:21 PM   #2
flintrock
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: Two Month's Worth of Diahhrea & Blood

First of all...you need to see a doctor...you pick the one...but please see a colon doctor and get your colon checked out...blood in your BM and having that long of loose bowels is not a good sign. You have reason not to like doctors, I don't either...but there are some good ones out there....FIND ONE....and get it checked out...

Old 10-08-2005, 07:10 PM   #3
katalya
Inactive
(female)

katalya HB User

Thanks so much for your advice, but I still have a problem with FINDING A GOOD DR.

My mother just died last February after spending time at the Mayo Clinic, where they spent time trying to diagnose a skin problem on her legs, but she ended up dying because she had congestive heart failure. The Resident MD who first came in to see her at a local hospital and took a look, was pretty amazed that Mayo missed it and went off on another spree.

Still totally terrified, but whatever---

katalya

Old 10-11-2005, 04:06 AM   #4
Trying2B
(male)

Trying2B HB UserTrying2B HB User

it sounds like it could be colitis or ulcerative colitis. look it up on the ***** .com and see if your symtoms are the same. good luck

Old 10-19-2005, 06:18 PM   #5
katalya
Inactive
(female)

katalya HB User

Thanks to the two of you who were kind enough to notice me. My diagnosis is ulcerative proctitis (a form of ulcerative colitis, but confined to the rectal area). I hope this might help someone else out there who is terrified but largely ignored in their quest for information.

Closed Thread