It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Abscess becoming Ulcer?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2005, 05:41 AM   #1
izaac
(male)

izaac HB User
Abscess becoming Ulcer?

Wondering if my Abscess has mutated into an Ulcer?

I had a fistula surgery (fistulectomy) in March 05. During my post op check up in May the surgeon asked if i should remove this new abscess just outside the anus. I said God No ,, not another surgery. Why should one operate on an abscess or pimple i thought..

So this abscess gave me little discomfort sometimes, little pain, continuos discharge that smells like pizza. I tried using Tea Tree Oil in end July and that damn thing burst. However, yellowish discharge (pus i suppose) went on till today.

When i looked at it in a mirror now it looks more like a little crater,,, or ulcer. No longer a bulge like lump. So my big uncertainty is : has the abscess turned into an ulcer? Is an ulcer worse than an abscess? Is there a good medicine? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2005, 07:01 AM   #2
smithereens

smithereens HB User
Re: Abscess becoming Ulcer?

I'd not mess with this, and I'd be calling the doc. If it has ruptured, it may need looked at.

After a couple anal fistulectomies, I would never mess with anything in that area or let something get out of control!

Good luck to you!

Old 10-12-2005, 07:53 AM   #3
izaac
(male)

izaac HB User

hi Smith, you mean you've got fistulectomies too? Hows your experience?

I dont want to see my surgeon,,, please,,, he would recommend surgery for a mosquito bite. You know surgeons...

Old 10-12-2005, 12:10 PM   #4
blueskys
(female)

blueskys HB User

Hi Izaac,
I just had a fistula surgery Sept. 21st., they used a new procedure called a plug/drain inserted into the fistula. I would not recommend this procedure for anyone. The pain and burning was off the charts. The plug came out on the 7th. day. So the surgery was a failure. I now have to have a 2nd. surgery done the traditional way of laying the tract open. I think I am scheduling this surgery for the 1st. week. of November.

You say that you had a fistula surgery in March 05 and now you have another abscess. From all the research I have done and talking with several doctors. 50 % of abscesses will cause a fistula. Mine also started out as a mosquito type pimple or lump, sore and tender at times. Then it broke/ruptured. Yellow pus, white pus and sometimes blood. I thought it would heal then and go away. It didn't. It actually would refill and then break again. Just repeats this over and over. Sometimes it takes a few days to run its cycle. Two doctors told me that once it breaks and there is an external opening that the fistula is already formed. So I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I definately would go see your surgeon again. Because usually the only way to get rid of a fistula is surgery. They tried a precription cream on me and antibotics. And nothing worked. Even the plug surgery didn't work. So now another surgery. I am not looking forward to another surgery, but I also don't want to live with this either. But go see your doctor. I also made the mistake of trying to treat it myself with first black sauve and then neosporin. I had a severe allergic reaction to the neosporin and had to be treated for that.

But for me I went to 2 doctors, and they said oh, it broke, it is on its way out. But it wouldn't go away. So I spent hours on the internet doing research and diagnosed myself. Went to the 3rd. doctor and he diagnosed me with a perianal abscess with fistula. Which is exactly what I diagnosed myself. And then he sent me to a surgeon.

Was your first fistula surgery bad and how was it done? Was your recovery period very long.

Is this new abscess in the same spot as your other fistula was?

blueskys

Old 10-12-2005, 07:39 PM   #5
izaac
(male)

izaac HB User

oh Blueskys,, hi...

1st 2 weeks after My fistulectomy was hell. Pain, incontinence, blood,....after the first month everything went quite well. Bleed once in a while. U need lots of fibre pills. Now i am about recovered (took about 3-4 months),,, but now this.

Now my new spot is outside the ano,, so where could the fistula travel to??? It just looks like an ulcer now. I could actually see it.

Closed Thread