It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

I Am New Difference In Bowel Movement

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2005, 02:50 PM   #1
Tidy
(female)

Tidy HB User
I Am New Difference In Bowel Movement

Hello I am new and have just found this site I wonder if you can help.

Since having my 5th child 2.5 years ago now I have noticed a difference when I pass a stool.

When having a bowel movement I seem to have trouble getting this out!!!! and if I press against my virginal wall this helps get the stool out. I also can feel the stool against my virginal wall at first I thought I had a big lump down there but noticed it went when I managed to finish the bowel movement.

I have also noticed if I do not get it all out I can feel it in me when I bend down.

This week I also seem to have a lot of wind and I am going to the toilet passing stools 4 times a day!

I have no pain it is just a nuisances really.

Thanks

Last edited by Tidy; 10-13-2005 at 02:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2005, 03:51 PM   #2
desertflower
(female)

desertflower HB User
Re: I Am New Difference In Bowel Movement

Hi,

I have the same exact symptoms. I have never heard anyone else talk about the vaginal wall like that. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago and it freaked me out, I thought I had a tumor or something but then went away when I got it out(stool). Maybe we are just constipated and have stool stuck in there or something. The vaginal wall and rectum lie in close proximity to each other so maybe it's normal. What do ya think?

DF

Old 10-13-2005, 05:12 PM   #3
Brocallie
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

It's called a rectocele and is common in women who have many children or even one difficult birth.

Old 10-13-2005, 05:50 PM   #4
desertflower
(female)

desertflower HB User

Hey Brocallie,

I had my son in 1993, was a difficult birth, they had to use vacuum suction to get him out. Could that still be the problem since it was so long ago that my son was born? Any info would be great.

DF

Old 10-13-2005, 06:09 PM   #5
Changingwoman
(female)

Changingwoman HB User

I had the same problem and had my gynacologist do what is called an "anterior and posterior repair". (It is pretty common.) I also eat raw almonds to avoid becoming constipated. Problem solved! It is caused by childbirth and a weakening of the muscles if I remember correctly. Talk to your doctor!

Last edited by Changingwoman; 10-13-2005 at 06:11 PM.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:32 PM   #6
blueskys
(female)

blueskys HB User

Hi,
I also have noticed that same problem. Back in July I was convinced I had a huge tumor the size of a baseball pressing on my pelvis. I could feel it thru my vagina. Scared the _ _ _ _ out of me! I was severly constipated. Once I was able to go, it went away.
Now today I could feel pressure again and sure enough could feel it thru my vagina again. After having a bm, it went away. I have never noticed this until recently and it is really scaring me.

I just had surgery done 9/21/05 for a fistula. And the surgery failed, now I have to have the surgery done again the traditional way beginning of November. It scares me the thought of yet another surgery.

Changingwoman, you say that you had anterior and posterior repair done. Can you tell us more about the surgery. Were you in the hospital long, was the pain bad, how long did it take for you to recovery?
Did a general surgeon do the surgery?

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks.
blueskys

Old 10-14-2005, 02:57 AM   #7
Tidy
(female)

Tidy HB User

Thanks for all the replies looks like I may have this then! as I have had 5 children.
Funny really as after baby number 3 I could not laugh, sneeze with out wetting myself LOL!!!
But then had baby #4 and #5 and that has gone I do not wet myself now my bladder seems so much better but it is the bowel this time
I am glad I am not alone like you DF I thought I had a tumor it really worried me for a second.
Thanks again everyone
xxx

Closed Thread