It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Odd symptoms and do not know what is wrong...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2005, 12:14 AM   #1
anatrak84
(male)

anatrak84 HB User
Question Odd symptoms and do not know what is wrong...

I am a 21 year old Male and have a question regarding what my symptoms could possibly mean. For a little over a month now I have had diarrhea almost every day with blood in it, and sometimes just blood. I am not sure what this could possibly mean and am afraid to go see a doctor about it because I do not want my parents to know, even though I am covered by their insurance (I am currently in college).

Does anyone know how serious this could be, or what could be causing it (disease, virus, etc.)?

Also, I would like to see a doctor about it but do not want my parents to know. Does anyone know how I could do this and still be covered by their insurance?

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2005, 12:17 AM   #2
anatrak84
(male)

anatrak84 HB User
Re: Odd symptoms and do not know what is wrong...

Also, I forgot to mention, in mid-July I had an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) surgery. Could this possibly be the cause?

Old 10-15-2005, 12:22 AM   #3
Changingwoman
(female)

Changingwoman HB User

Go to a doctor immediately! You may have stitches that have come loose or some other problem that could seriously threaten your life. Do not fool around hoping this will go away. It is vital that you be checked out before you have massive peritonitis or some other life-threatening problem! PLEASE GO NOW!

Old 10-15-2005, 08:37 PM   #4
DX-
(female)

DX- HB User

Anatrak,

Changing Woman is absolutely correct. You need to get to a doctor immediately because even if you can figure out what is wrong, it's not something you can take care of yourself anyway.

This board is not for helping you diagnose yourself. It's for helping people learn more about their diagnosis -- or -- in a case where someone has been to a doctor and through plenty of tests but still lacks a diagnosis, it helps them use that information.

Good luck to you.

Closed Thread