It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

cause for concern? please help!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2005, 12:50 PM   #1
anxious85
(female)

anxious85 HB User
cause for concern? please help!

for a long time time now (years) sometimes when i go to the toilet i bleed. it happen around once every 1-2 months, last a few days and then goes away. i know its a cut because my boyfiend has had a look and he says hes seen a teeny tiny cut there. it heals but comes back. sometimes when i get the cut i also feel a little lump poking through the hole, it doesnt hurt and goes back in on its own. i recently plucked up the courage (after years) and went to the doc and she said it was probably internal hemmaroids (sp?). she had a feel up there but couldnt feel anything. she wasnt very helpful at all really. anyways doeas anyone know if internal hemmaroids can cause anal fissures? also i often need to go to the toilet, 1-3 times a day. is this normal? i have a very healthy diet, lots of fiber fresh fruit and veg, water ect. also my poo is always very soft and sometimes not propely formed. should i worry about this? im a very anxious person and am always worrying about something. anyways should i be worried about these syptoms or are they normal? thanx 4 taking the time to read! please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2005, 01:35 PM   #2
SRMom
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: cause for concern? please help!

I would try a bulk-forming fiber supplement. For your hemorrhoids, you could buy some Preparation H cream...it really helps me. I've had small fissures from hard BM's, but if yours aren't hard, maybe it's from going too often. Try keeping the area extra clean with wet wipes, and drying gently with tissue or even a blow dryer. I think you can use Neosporin too.

Old 10-17-2005, 02:10 PM   #3
anxious85
(female)

anxious85 HB User

thankyyou for the advice. the doctor gave me cream for the hemorrhoids but i havent needed 2 use them yet. the actual hemorrhoid isnt really the problem as that rarely appears. but i was thinking maybe the hemorrhoid inside could mean theres less room when i have BM so it causes the cut. could this be the happening? ive had this for a long time, it doesnt really bother me that much appart from worrying about it, that i might have something more serious wrong with me.
is it not normal to have BM as often as i do then, i being quite soft also?
not sure if i want to start taking medication for it.

Old 10-17-2005, 04:29 PM   #4
SRMom
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

The best thing would be to try not to worry about it. The anxiety/worry could be part of the problem and could cause muscle spasms which would make it more difficult to pass a bowel movement. A warm bath after a bowel movement would encourage blood flow to the area, which would promote healing. Also, you should avoid food that could be sharp and difficult to digest like nuts and popcorn.

A fiber supplement (like Metamucil or Citracel) isn't like taking medication...it is like eating more bran cereal, only doesn't taste as bad...it will bulk up your bowel movements so you will have fewer and more productive movements. Chronic diarrhea can also be a cause of fissures, and fiber helps with loose stools as well as constipation.

You could try to put some hydrocortisone cream or lidocaine on the area before a bowel movement, then it might reduce the pain and help relax the muscles to allow the passage more easily.

I also want to say not to worry about the frequency of your BM's, because some people have 3 a day, others only one three days apart. Everyone is different, but you can try to help with change in diet and supplements like fiber and probiotics like acidophilus.

Hope you feel better soon. If not, get your doctor to take another look.

Last edited by SRMom; 10-17-2005 at 04:31 PM.

Old 10-18-2005, 03:51 AM   #5
anxious85
(female)

anxious85 HB User

Thank you for your help! il try not to worry about it.

Closed Thread