It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Help! Sever Pains on Anus

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2005, 12:15 AM   #1
omgthepain
(male)

omgthepain HB User
Help! Sever Pains on Anus

Hi,

Im a Male 19 Year old. Last summer I had some very sharp pains on my anus and went to see my doctor about it. By the time I got to my appointment the pains had subsided. I told him about them and he asked me to describe them. I really couldnt untill he asked if they felt like a million knives cutting my anus. This was EXACTLY what I felt. Well now I am feeling them again. ITs only been 2 days but the pain is starting to get unbareable. Ive been going to the bathroom more often with less amounts. And everytime I do go it hurts. It hurts even more when I have to wipe my self off. The pain subsides for a while, like right now.

Personal Info:
Male, 19 1/2 years old. Average diet (maybe a little too much fast food) been eating more taco bell recently. I have a very strenous work / school schedual. I work nights 3 nights a week (MWF morning 3 am - 7am) and go to school Tues + Thurs (8:30 AM -> 8ish PM) and wensdays (6 - 9 PM). Thusly I dont get much sleep sometimes. I am heterosexual, and sexualy active but I have not done anything with my anus.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2005, 06:36 AM   #2
anxious85
(female)

anxious85 HB User
Re: Help! Sever Pains on Anus

do u only get the pains when you have bowel movment? also does it bleed at all? if so id could be a fissure which is basically a small tear or cut.

Old 10-22-2005, 01:09 PM   #3
omgthepain
(male)

omgthepain HB User
the pain happens all the time. It just especialy hurts when I go to the bathroom.
And yes I forgot to say it did bleed a little bit but the bleeding has subsided. I havnt seen blood in about 24 hours yet the pain persists.

Old 10-22-2005, 02:56 PM   #4
anxious85
(female)

anxious85 HB User

sounds like hemorrhoids to me. cut down on the fatty food and eat healthier. see your doctor too incase. theres creams u can get.

Old 10-22-2005, 05:49 PM   #5
FireWoman

FireWoman HB User

The feeling of knives cutting you when you have a BM - sounds like an anal fissure to me. They can also hurt anytime - all day even.

Old 10-23-2005, 11:21 AM   #6
sereena
(female)

sereena HB User

I've had that type of pain before...it could be related to hemorroids or constipation...(even smaller bm's can indicate constipation), or any of the things the other posters mentioned. Sometimes with rectal problems they can all overlap and trigger other things, i.e. fissures, constipation, hemmorhoids. What did your doctor say about the knife like pain?? What helps me is using Metamucil on a very consistent basis, along with drinking plenty of water. Good luck!!

Old 10-23-2005, 07:16 PM   #7
sarakyong
(female)

sarakyong HB User

I just had the same thing happen to me. I'm a couple years older than you, female. Does yours bleed at all? Mine did once and I was recommended to have a colonoscopy done. It turned out it was only hemmoroids and one had ruptured.

Does yours itch at times too? Mostly, it stings when having a bowel movement, right? Use preparation H or something similar. They come with applicators so you can put the cream right at the target point. Mine went away after doing this for a week. I feel fine now.

Also, start taking more fiber like the others have recommended.

Last edited by sarakyong; 10-23-2005 at 07:18 PM.

Closed Thread