It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Husband and toilet become "one" HELP!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #1
Willstrideryder
(female)

Willstrideryder HB User
Husband and toilet become "one" HELP!

Hi, I am new to this group and thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone has any ideas: My husband has some stomach/bowel problem. It has been a problem for most of his life but his parents never noticed or never did anything, so here I am after 11 years of marriage and searching for answers. He gets bloated, has alot of gas, has diarrhea frequently, and constipation. We know stress seems to make it worse and certain foods like hot dogs and chili are big no-no's. What bothers me the most is that it takes him-literally--ONE HOUR--to have a bowel movement EVERY DAY. Sometimes more. And if we're lucky, sometimes less. When we were first married, he had a colonoscopy and the dr said everything was fine, he just has a big, floppy sigmoid colon. We have a 6 year old who suffers from encopresis and has already been "cleaned out" at the hospital. Is he on the same path as his dad? Anyone have any ideas? My hubby finally has insurance and our next step is to take him to a GI. Thank you in advance! Also, our diet is regular and my husband plays b-ball 1-2 times a week. He is 36 years old if that helps any.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2005, 10:11 PM   #2
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Husband and toilet become "one" HELP!

I think you are not intaking enough water soluble fiber.

For your intestines to work right you need to intake 25 to 35 grams of fiber daily, It also needs to be combined with both soluble fiber that is a stool bulker and insoluble fiber that causes your intestine to contract.

To sit on a toilet for an hour is much too long-- you may have a mobility problems or slow transit time. At any rate I think you need to be checked out by a Gastro Doctor--- it is not normal !!

God Bless~~~Harry

Old 11-08-2005, 11:22 AM   #3
blueskys
(female)

blueskys HB User
Re: Husband and toilet become "one" HELP!

I can relate to your husband. I have had problems with my bowels my whole life. I would go from diarahea to constipation, stomach pains.

I have been trying different fiber supplements, besides changing the way I eat. Eating more fruits and vegetables and drinking more water. I tried various fiber tablets and they didn't work well for me. I then started taking Benefiber powder. I Love it! I take 1 Tablespoon every night at suppertime or after supper. It has no taste and I mix it in 8 oz. of water and then I drink 8 oz. of water after taking it. I then go to the bathroom every morning once or twice. The Benefiber makes my bowels normal everyday. I am more normal now than ever before. Your husband should try the Benefiber. It works for diarhea or constipation. You should take it daily. And it can be taken safely the rest of your life. Good Luck.

blueskys

Last edited by blueskys; 11-08-2005 at 11:23 AM.

Closed Thread