It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Blood in stool, cramps, pressure, fatigue, HELP!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2005, 07:46 PM   #1
emilysusan24
(female)

emilysusan24 HB User
Exclamation Blood in stool, cramps, pressure, fatigue, HELP!

I have had symptoms for the past few weeks that are starting to worry me. I have had a few instances where when having a bowel movement the toilet filled with blood, and my stomach hurt BAD! The doctor said that this was just hemmroid. However, I have started having a lot of pressure on my anus and in my bowel, and a lot of cramping. I have also been having more frequent bowel movements, and there is blood more often now. I also have frequent Gas, and diarrhia, I also have been sooooo tired lately. I wake up, and cant stay up...i feel like i am sleeping my day away!

My doctors dont seem to be connect any of the symptoms, so I was hoping someone could help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2005, 11:16 PM   #2
rollingstone
(male)

rollingstone HB User
Re: Blood in stool, cramps, pressure, fatigue, HELP!

You can ask you doctor to do a CBC to check for anemia from losing too much blood. You might also take a stool softener like DSS Colace or Docusate Sodium but you must drink plenty of fluids with these. Walking and eating a high fiber diet will help keep you regular as will Metamucil or fiber caplets daily. Try not to strain at stool as that makes the bleeding worse. Almost everyone gets these at sometime in their life, so you are just earlier than your friends.

Old 11-16-2005, 12:42 AM   #3
wingedunicorn
(female)

wingedunicorn HB User

I think you should demand a colonoscopy from your doctor! For 10 yrs I had pain & cramps, the doctor said I had IBS, then the last 6 months I have had the same symptoms as you, went to the doc he scheduled me for a scope, they removed 2 polyps. Im not saying that this is what you have but you need to get it checked even just to give you peace of mind.

Old 11-16-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
heartcreature
(female)

heartcreature HB User

Emilysusan24 you need to see a good gastroenterologist. It sounds like you may have colitis or Crohns disease. You may be anemic or dehydrated or both. You can also have an infection in the bowel so get yourself checked out.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:42 PM   #5
the_coke_man17
(male)

the_coke_man17 HB User

I Think Wingedunicorn Is Right Thats What Happen To Me As 4 Being Tired I Have That 2 Its Cuz By My Depresstion Good Luck

Old 12-02-2005, 07:45 PM   #6
emilysusan24
(female)

emilysusan24 HB User

Thanks for your responses. I had a laparoscopy done, which showed that my colon was dialated. I also had a fevel of 104! I have a colonoscopy scheduled for Dec. 19th to see what is going on....

Are these cures for colitis? As that is what it is looking like I have!

Closed Thread