It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Unable to tolerate certain foods anymore

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-17-2006, 02:20 PM   #1
    relyt
    (female)

relyt HB User
    Unable to tolerate certain foods anymore

I have always had a pretty "unhealthy" diet, consisting of fast foods and processed foods but I have a high metabolism so it never affected my weight. I just turned 29 and within the past 2 years or so, it seems that certain greasy foods such as pizza and rich foods such as fettucine alfredo can trigger diarrhea. I have episodes of it about 2 times a month now and I worry about going out to eat because of what will happen afterwards.
    My question is, is this intolerance a sign of "getting older" and therefore I should just simply change my eating habits, or is it something I should see the dr about? I don't get sick everytime I eat greasy foods, but it happens more than I'd like.
    Has anyone experienced an intolerance like this as they got older??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2006, 10:19 PM   #2
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
    Lightbulb Re: Unable to tolerate certain foods anymore

Very interesting Observation as well as concern!!

Intolerance is not totally a function of getting older at least not at 29--- may 60 or so--- because some digestine enzymes & stomach acids & diestive bacteria are reduced & change with age in some people. I also think it is a result of poor eating habits and your heritage??

Some people just don't digest certain types of food that other have no problem with--- certain nationalities are more lactose (milk sugar) intolerant than others. And, eating dairy products do more harm than good.
    Also, people of Irish background have more celiac problems-- intolerant to gluten -- that is in wheat, barley, and rye -- lesser extnt oats & by the products-- It damages the villi in their small intestines.
    People of different natioalities all don't digest food the same??

As people get older and experience ailments along with processed food that as well as eat the diet we like--- does not always build health -- Your immune system also changes because of toxins and antigens. It affects your entire digestive system, absorption and all sorts of disorders affect can and will affect you.

Does this make any sense??

Last edited by Harry; 06-17-2006 at 10:27 PM.

Old 06-18-2006, 02:29 PM   #3
    brook65
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

brook65 HB User
    Re: Unable to tolerate certain foods anymore

My partner has colitis, and that can be caused by an unhealthy diet, such as high fat, lack of fibre such as vegetables and fruit! also a high sugar diet, with no roughage is not good long term.

Maybe your body is starting to suffer the consequences of your unhealthy diet? do you also suffer with bad breath, and flatulance? diarreah maybe the result of your body having no fibre to work on to give you healthy bowel movements!

Also as the last poster said, I don't think your age has anything to do with it, as you are certainly not elderly!

We can suffer food intolrances at times, where we may of been fine with certain foods for periods of time, and then suddenly our body cann't digest certain foods! ie lactose, wheat, dairy products.

Maybe you should think about cutting out all the junk, and start eating properly.

Good luck

Closed Thread