It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Constant Diarrhea Any Thoughts?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-26-2006, 01:57 AM   #1
    cyphin6

cyphin6 HB User
    Unhappy Constant Diarrhea Any Thoughts?

I have been having diarrhea on and off for about 2 weeks now and I have diarrhea probably once a week for a while months maybe. But the past 2 weeks I have been having more diarrhea. Though sometimes I feel the burning and sometimes not. Today I had it, but yesterday I went with a solid stool. Should I be worried about anything serious such as Colon Caner? Or could this just be a food I am eating? Or some type of infection? The main question I have is, is this a sign of Colon Caner or Polyp? Or am I overreacting here and it might just be an infection or some sort or certain food. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 06:54 PM   #2
    eamon1
    (male)

eamon1 HB User
    Re: Constant Diarrhea Any Thoughts?

2 wk history of diarrhoea??? I'm sure there is no need to panic. Absolutely look at your diet, particularly rich spicy foods esp high in fibre or increased alcohol intake. Are you taking antibiotics? Just make sure you drink plenty of fluids and if the problem persists then you need to see a doctor. Good luck

Old 07-27-2006, 07:09 PM   #3
    MandyPandy
    (female)

MandyPandy HB User

Are you taking any new vitamins or medications? If it continues I would definitely see your family doctor. I know nothing about colon cancer so I can't answer that but I would think that the odds are pretty slim unless there is a family history. I would most likely think it is a change in diet, medications, being lactose intollorant all of a sudden, some sort of baterial infection, IBS etc. Bottom line if it doesn't get better see your doctor for some simple tests.

Take care,
    Amanda

Old 08-05-2006, 01:15 PM   #4
    dianajune
    Inactive
    (female)

dianajune HB Userdianajune HB Userdianajune HB User

It sounds to me like you might have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I've had this (along with other health problems) for several years, and when I'm under alot of stress it tends to flare up.

I just posted a message about possible rabies exposure, which happened about a week ago. I'm still not sure whether or not I'll have to go through with those shots, but it looks like that will be the case. Since this happened, my stomach has really been acting up. So, stress can really do a number on you, physically speaking.

I tried eating more fiber - perhaps that will help you? It would be a good idea to consult with a physician, but your problem almost sounds like IBS. Please keep us posted.

Old 08-06-2006, 09:17 AM   #5
    shnswms
    Inactive
    (male)

shnswms HB User

You didn't mention your age. Chronic diarrhea needs be further evaluated. Any change in bowel habits should be considered. It could be alot of things including IBS, parasites, and many other things. I would get a colonoscopy if it continues.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:18 PM   #6
    hannahph
    (female)

hannahph HB User

I took my daughter to the DR this morning for this very issue. First off you need to have lab work done to rule out parasites including samonella. Then if it is normal the DR said to take yourself off all dairy for at LEAST three days of not longer. See if your symptoms improve. She explained most of the time you can get a virus and then your system is so inflamed that dairy can irritate things. If this does not help then you can go on for more testing but try this first.

Old 08-15-2006, 05:47 PM   #7
    jwhdz
    (male)

jwhdz HB User

hey there..best thing to do is go see ur doc..I'd battled with it for a whole year.. turs out I had an infection..took meds and I'm all better..good luck

Closed Thread