It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• IBS and Rash restated

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-05-2006, 08:50 AM   #1
    DesertMike
    (male)

DesertMike HB User
    IBS and Rash restated

To be more clear. Has anyone out there heard of bowel inflammation that corresponds with a butterfly facial rash?

I've had each documented by biopsy/dermatologists, etc., but each says they are independant of one another. I know different, but would like to hear from somebody else with a similar problem.
    Thanks,
    DesertMike

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
    irishdude1981
    (male)

irishdude1981 HB User
    Re: IBS and Rash restated

hey mike, so you have ibs? do you have it with constipation or diarea? what do you take for ibs? i just got news yesterday that i have ibs. i also get a facial fash mostly around my nose. i don't really think its from ibs, it could be but i'm not an expert so i don't know for sure..

Old 10-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #3
    DesertMike
    (male)

DesertMike HB User

I have both constipation and diarrhea at different times. Quite a lot of pain. Does your facial rash come and go a lot? Is it painful, too? Have you ever had intestinal inflammation, or just motility disorder?

I don't take anything for it, but would be interested if there is a miracle med out there. I've tried a few things over time, hyoscyamine, fiber, etc. with not much luck.
    Mike

Old 10-06-2006, 04:24 PM   #4
    irishdude1981
    (male)

irishdude1981 HB User

well i really just have it with diarrhea, but i do go to the bathroom alot everyday and my bowel movements are small or diarrhea. yeah i also get bad pains, bloated and excess gas. yeah my facial rash comes and goes and it gets pretty red but doesn't really hurt it irritates me though. i don/t think i had any inflammation yet. i got a colonoscopy done like a month ago and everything was fine but i do have ibs. i have taken alot of meds and all for ibs just to see what works the best. i do take hyoscyamine sometimes, also sometimes take bentyl. i also have taken fiber stuff called citricel which i take only sometimes. but right now i take these aloe pills everyday which have helped me out the best so far but every now and then i'll take the 2 meds my doc gave me when i need them. i can't stand these pains and gas. haven't gotten bad pains in a while but i do get alot of gas which i hate. i thought i had colitis cause my dad has it and my twin brother has something too. he won't get tested but i think he has what i got ibs. oh and i even take anxiety pills to reduce stress which triggers the pains and all. it is good to talk to people that are going through the samething as i'am.

Closed Thread