It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• My stomach porblems are screwing up my life...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-17-2006, 07:12 AM   #1
    FBFW_Noise
    (male)

FBFW_Noise HB User
    Thumbs down My stomach porblems are screwing up my life...

That may be a little drastic... but it gets the horrible point across. I'm kind of embarrased to talk about this... but hey, it's internet. No one knows who I am. Right? <_< >_>

OK, I'm 16, male, pretty darn healthy (except this and asthma), I'm athletic, I'm active and I'm happy. Which is why I don't know where these bowel problems are coming from. I'm pretty stress free, and I'm healthy. So why do I keep getting this?

Symptoms would be nice huh? Ok.
    -Feeling that I must rush to the bathroom
    -Stomach cramping while making BM
    -Rumbling of intestines before, and during
    -Not really a liquidy BM, more of a very, very loose BM
    -Extreme annoyance
    -Urge to punch a wall

(Well, those last two are kind of side-effects if you will)

It all started when I was in the 6th grade. (pretty close to the end of the year). I was home sick with the stomach flu one day (diaherea, nausea, ... you know, the fun stuff) and I took some kind of Over-the-Counter AD medicine to help relieve it. Well, after that I began gettings stomach cramps at school. Almost every other morning I would get a sick stomach, and had to find some way out of class to go use the bathroom. Always embarrasing at school right? Oh yeah.

Well the year ended and I seemed fine. Maybe I just hated school and was really stressed? No idea. Well, Junior High began and I started playing football, running track, etc. I got in pretty good shape and for those 2 years NEVER had stomach problems. Freshman year of High School I quit sports due to a seriously messed up ankle, on top of a knee injury in 8th grade. I still lifted weights, and exercised, but I didn't play anything. Then I quit all together, and Sophomore year I didn't even join athletics. Around February or so of Freshman year, my problem flared up again. It wasn't as often... and I'd say it happened once or so a month. I even jokingly referred to it as my "Man-Period" to my parents. It wasn't really a big deal though... once a month WAS no big deal... Well, Sophomore year I joined Theatre, instantly got onto the One-Act team, and found a passion in acting. The problems occured throughout the first semester of Sophomore year, but One-Act Competitions (think of them as playoffs) began in March, as well as local performances. My stomach really flared up then. Holy crap... heh, no pun intended.

This led me to really believe that it was stress causing my problem. To add to it, the problem went away once we finished all competition and the year ended. May, June, and July of this year went by without a hitch. Everything seems to be pointing north in my life right now too. I found a fairy-tale romance with my best friend (I love her to death), I joined a rock band, I've ALREADY won a full Acting scholarship to a local college and I'm only a Junior, and my grades have a been steadily increasing. (Not that I made bad grades before mind you.)

So I'm left with... food. It's gotta be what I eat. That, or some kind of horrible disease in which I will have to get a colonoscopy, have to provide a stool sample, etc. Haha, I'm man enough to cope with that... although I'd rather not...

I've noticed that some foods I eat cause me to have problems the next day. Pizza, for one. (WHY?!) I can eat it without worry, IF I use 50 or so napkins to soak up every drop of grease from the slice. I don't eat ice cream anymore, because it may be a lactose problem. I may just be rambling now... so I'll leave it at this. I've missed school because of the problem. I'm home right now because I woke up with it this morning! I missed a day about 2 weeks ago. I could easily go to school, and deal with it there, but who wants to ask out of class to go poop in a public stall all day? I'm afraid it will interfere with band practice... local shows, even MORE school, dates, parties, venues, etc.

I've ranted long enough... ha. I hope some of you know what this is... my guess, is IBS. I'm no doctor though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2006, 10:07 AM   #2
    gardenandcats
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
    Re: My stomach porblems are screwing up my life...

It could be IBS" irritable bowel syndrome." or it could signs of Crohns or Colitis. Do every have any fevers low grade? Joint pain? Any weight loss tired more then normal? Do a search or read up on these health problems. then I would really suggest seeing a Gastologist about this problem

Last edited by gardenandcats; 10-17-2006 at 10:09 AM.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:21 AM   #3
    FBFW_Noise
    (male)

FBFW_Noise HB User

No, none of that. I'm always perfectly fine after my little outbreak. I never FEEL bad, I don't get a fever, my weight has been pretty steady, and definitely no joint pain. WIth the exception to my busted knee and ankle... but those hurt all the time, not during an "outbreak".

Old 11-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #4
    tmoney2794
    (female)

tmoney2794 HB User

ok, i have ibd and ulcerative colitis. I also get abdominal cramps while going to the bathroom and the movements are either diarrhea or very loose. i always have to push on my stomach just to relieve the pain. I also have urges to go that can't be controlled (when i have to go i better be near a restroom)!! I also have rumbling noises in my stomach. I also can be fine for days but then all of a sudden BOOM!! I also have to watch what i eat although i don't and pizza is a big NO NO!! I also have alot of gas and burp alot at times. Stress and smoking and certain foods seem to make it flare up. You need to have a colonoscopy to rule everything out, and a lactose intolerance test. You need to tell your parents to take you to see a gi doctor. hope this helps. good luck

Closed Thread